Contributor

Courtney and Jane were presenting the MizMooz sneakers they designed on Shoe Shopping last night.  They were constantly updating the numbers, many near sellout.  This morning, I went to the site to see what colors might be left in my size; and, low and behold, every color and every size was available!!!  Insulting to the viewers' intelligence once again.

Respected Contributor

Of course!  It had their name on it so they wanted it to be a smash hit.  

Trusted Contributor

I have found this a common practice. Many times I have watched the TSV presented. A size or color is in limited supply, or almost sold out, or you better get it because it's going fast. Lo and behold, the next day the size or color is still available. 

It must work for them though. If you've ever been to the studio or seen how it's run, there is a ticker that the producer sees showing how the volume of purchases go up and/or down. That happened with the Happy Dance by David. They saw that purchases skyrocketed when he did the little dance. ( I doubt it works now like it use to though) They must see purchases go up when they say there are limited supplies in certain colors or sizes because all hosts do it all the time. 

Respected Contributor

They make me sick (needless to say I was not watching).

Esteemed Contributor

@Daffney    I believe they all do it.  It is a sales tactic to make you hurry and buy - just like those 🤬🤬🤬🤬pop ups saying hurry order fast.   The same thing happened with me on a pair of denim jeans.  Petite are almost sold out - only 100 left.  The next day every size in every color was available.

Honored Contributor

@Daffney    In all faurness, there are many people who put items in their cart and never check out, change their minds or have denied credit cards.  I find this happens often.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Daffney 

Don't forget how many shoppers change their mind and cancel....or put it on 'Check Hold' while they decide.

People have said they do exactly this on these boards.

People who are calling in to place their orders have to be consdered in there as well.

People on hold may or may NOT be purchasing the item on air.

The computer has to account for this....

When all is said an done, it is quite possible there is stock left.

And yes, I do believe it is also a sales tactic.

Honored Contributor

@Daffney wrote:

Courtney and Jane were presenting the MizMooz sneakers they designed on Shoe Shopping last night.  They were constantly updating the numbers, many near sellout.  This morning, I went to the site to see what colors might be left in my size; and, low and behold, every color and every size was available!!!  Insulting to the viewers' intelligence once again.

People put things in their cart and later either remove from the cart or cancel their order.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Daffney    In all faurness, there are many people who put items in their cart and never check out, change their minds or have denied credit cards.  I find this happens often.

Yup.

Respected Contributor

I agree with @Kachina624 and @RespectLife that people are counted when they put items in their carts while they decide whether to purchase and then they don't check out.  I too have seen this said by posters here on the boards.   I guess you could call that "purchase tactics".

I also agree that it's a sales tactic to encourage you to get on with it.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.