Trusted Contributor

Re: Leslie Blodgett gushs LR on her instagram

My question to u were do u see a Leslie and Lisa on QVC now or see sales like that anymore. They barey sold anything out on their current christmas in july
Valued Contributor

I have no idea how long ago this host and vendor were on, never saw either of them, but how long are we talking here for these dazzling sales numbers ? Q has a lot more competition now with all the online shopping retailers out there.

I would suspect even even the long time hosts sales have dropped. We as consumers have so many buying options available to us now that just didn’t exist even 10 years ago.

I don’t blindly buy from the Q. If I see a product I like I research it . There are many times QVC doesn’t get my business, the competition does because they have the better price. I bet many people do the exact same thing.

Hence everyone’s sales numbers go down.
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

My question to u were do u see a Leslie and Lisa on QVC now or see sales like that anymore. They barey sold anything out on their current christmas in july

@JONNYSBRO  You do realize sell-outs are relative, correct?  Selling out all 10,000 units 7 years ago, pales in comparison to selling 30,000 units today, but not having that as a sell-out.  Plus, as another poster has mentioned, there are a lot more brands now for the consumer dollar.

Trusted Contributor

U know what she left 3 and half years ago and he sales were still staggering. Anytime she presented GILI it was like oh last call oh its gone. The sold out was clogging the screen. I loved great host vendor relationships. Kathy and Joan were great example people tuned in just to see the entertainmenr aspect and then ended up buying. Thats what the current QVC is missing. Yes there more competition but they arent innovating anymore and theres hours a chore to get through. Really standard hours with no pizazz, entertainment or out box programming. Thats what QVC special the remotes to Italy and other places wwre great or the fun fashion and beauty hours. Sales are reflecting flat programming and thats a shame.
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:
U know what she left 3 and half years ago and he sales were still staggering. Anytime she presented GILI it was like oh last call oh its gone. The sold out was clogging the screen. I loved great host vendor relationships. Kathy and Joan were great example people tuned in just to see the entertainmenr aspect and then ended up buying. Thats what the current QVC is missing. Yes there more competition but they arent innovating anymore and theres hours a chore to get through. Really standard hours with no pizazz, entertainment or out box programming. Thats what QVC special the remotes to Italy and other places wwre great or the fun fashion and beauty hours. Sales are reflecting flat programming and thats a shame.

THIS I can get behind.  Since this is all subjective I can see how some can feel this way.  I never saw the "sizzle" you mentioned, but I can understand the comparison from yesteryear to today -- whether that's good or bad. 

Trusted Contributor

Its that special relationship with a vendor and host. Plus also much higher price points, rare discounts and deals. It just i miss the old QVC loved all there great programs. I feel more its about the numbers now instead of creating customer excitement
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO  How do you have any idea what QVC's sales are now?  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm confused...always anyway.  Why does even the name Lisa R cause so much anger and harsh words?

I used to watch her and she seemed very competent in her presentations.

I've never understood what she said or did that caused people to dislike anything and everything about her?

I'm not being facetious, just curious.  Am I missing something?  If so, what am I missing about Lisa?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I don't dislike Lisa at all.  I always liked her.  I doubt she's doing nearly as well now as when she was with QVC though.  

I comment occasionally on these threads because the way JB feels about LR is so over the top and amazing to me.  I don't see how a shopping channel can have "glory days."  I don't mind the posts but just find them astounding.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Well nick its easy i watch the current QVC and its not often i hear things are limited or sold out. The latest christmas in july i dont see a whole lot of things flying.Annabelle i dont know what is either. U have a very successful woman who helped QVC and i dont know why. I think its okay for long time viewers to gush about the golden era. Lisa is doing veey well in her biz. She passed two years in her biz. Who knows one day she might get Oprah to invest in the biz? Lol she was making a phenom salary ar QVC but was just ready to retire from hosting. Then with GILI she put her whole heart and soul into the biz just to see QVC become rich. Something tells me Leslie convinced her to do other things. Lisa is happier now she has way more freedom for friends and family. She was working 80 hour weeks at QVC