Honored Contributor

Re: Leslie Blodgett gushs LR on her instagram

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

They sizzled on-screen??

Wow! What were they doing? Guess I had missed some kinky stuff that was going on.

It's odd, I remember those shows and there was nothing entertaining or "sizzling" about them.  It was LR doing her job and doing it very well. LR made Bare Minerals and WEN and a few other brands but I don't recall any entertainment value.  Just good salesmanship.    The only dynamic duo in the shopping channel industry that was drop dead funny and entertaining and worth the price of admission was the shows that Colleen Lopez did with Suzanne Somers.  You never knew what was going to come out on those shows.  

Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

Wait a minute.  WHAT? LR is now a couch saleswoman?  Smiley Surprised

Yes, she has her website and she has a weekly show....from her couch.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  It's just not what one would expect from shopping channel host who once had the career that she had.  

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

I wish I had saved a copy of what I posted because for the life of me I can't figure out what I said to get poofed.  I didn't even get a "unkind" or whatever in its place.  It just went poof!

My point is, I am convinced JB is LR.  Here is why -- I made a comment about LR pretending to be Rapunzel with her hair attachments on her videos.  After my remark, she stopped wearing them.  I either think JB is LR or she is reading this forum.

I also think it is sad JB is so smitten with a salesperson.  Please JB find some friends and enjoy yourself.  Life is too short to be enamored with someone who used to sell stuff on tv. 

I didn't know about the portrait.  I wish I had seen that presentation.

@hellodali

An interesting thing I noticed is that the sign up date here in the community for that poster is the same day that host left QVC.

Coincidence?

Ah, yet another "coincidence". 

@KingstonsMom -- great catch!

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

Oops -- my post went bye-bye.

I have no idea what I said that needed to be taken off.  I truly wish someone would tell me. 

Anybody??

@hellodali   This has happened to me also, and I have even asked what did I say with no response.  That is why these threads should be closed down.  You won't get an answer, so just ignore them.  There are so many other good threads.  OP seems to be able to do whatever.  

Honored Contributor

OP is not breaking any rules.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

OP is not breaking any rules.

@San Antonio Gal.  You're right. Op is not breaking any rules. But the posters asking mods why their posts were deleted are. No challenging mods is stated in the standards. Funny that everyone that doesn't like these threads are always here. LOL

Trusted Contributor

No breaking any rules at all. I recalling a golden era of QVC. Oh a salesperson u mean a phenom that created billions of dollars for a company. Leslie IMO i dont know if she would have sold as much at the Q without Lisa. The numbers were absolutely insane. One TSV sold over 80000 units with Lisa and Leslie. Her sheer magic of what she did was a vendors dream. Every vendor adored Lisa as she capitalized sales in a way that was through the stratosphere. If u remember final GILI TSV jacket it sold out in all colors by early afternoon with over 30000 jackets just insane. Tell me when this happens on QVC now?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

No breaking any rules at all. I recalling a golden era of QVC. Oh a salesperson u mean a phenom that created billions of dollars for a company. Leslie IMO i dont know if she would have sold as much at the Q without Lisa. The numbers were absolutely insane. One TSV sold over 80000 units with Lisa and Leslie. Her sheer magic of what she did was a vendors dream. Every vendor adored Lisa as she capitalized sales in a way that was through the stratosphere. If u remember final GILI TSV jacket it sold out in all colors by early afternoon with over 30000 jackets just insane. Tell me when this happens on QVC now?

@JONNYSBRO  I don't doubt that Lisa was an excellent salesperson, she was one of the best, as evidenced by QVC giving her a signature show and the GILI line to represent.

But how about YOU tell me when all those actual sales numbers happened back then?  You are making up your own history with these numbers and proclamations of absolute love from ALL the vendors. Vendors only love a salesperson when they are making them money.  Why don't we see Dennis Basso falling over himself to work with Lisa on her sofa?  Scott Grimes and Doris Dalton visit Lisa, according to that video someone pointed out months ago, but where are the joint ventures with them now???  Why aren't they taking advantage of Lisa's selling expertise now?  With all of her contacts in the business, why is she doing this all alone (presumeably)?  Show me QVC's business sales numbers from what you are talking about.  Show me the TSV with Leslie and the 80,000 units on the books.    Show me the jacket and those numbers you quote. 

I know your life is Lisa Robertson, that's all well and good.  But do you know why you are being challenged on your facts?

Trusted Contributor

Um i completely remember those numbers because i was a QVC watcher. The GILI jacket was her last i totslly remember it as it was all gone Shawn K bought three colors of it and many of the hosts. Also perfect question because Lisa is not a co partner in their businsses. She is in business for herself and these vendors are in Q contracts so i doubt they could sell their stuff on Lisas website.
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Um i completely remember those numbers because i was a QVC watcher. The GILI jacket was her last i totslly remember it as it was all gone Shawn K bought three colors of it and many of the hosts. Also perfect question because Lisa is not a co partner in their businsses. She is in business for herself and these vendors are in Q contracts so i doubt they could sell their stuff on Lisas website.

@JONNYSBRO  I was a QVC watcher back then too.  But remembering actual sales numbers from 5, 6 years ago?  Not buying it.  Dr. Denese, and Tatcha have had give aways of their products with Lisa when she first branched out on her own.  No sales disclosure stopped that.  Are they still doing that today?  Mark Zunnino was a QVC vendor back in the day; he and Lisa were very close.  Shouldn't she be designing ball gowns with him now? 

I give Lisa a lot more credit than you think.  I just continue to challenge your facts that you post here.  It's all in the friendly discussion.