Trusted Contributor

Re: Leaving is a relief I think.............

@wishmoon wrote:

Didn't Jill work at QVC-UK at the beginning of her career?

It was a temporary host swap.  QVC UK got Jill and we got David Bradford.

Frequent Contributor

I'm glad I wasnt the only one who noticed the change.....not only her demeanor is lighter but her style choice of what she is wearing in her shows seems to be her real life style....sometimes her stylist for some of her shows picked really dowdy styles that seemed to make her look heavier and older. I just wish her well in all that she does.

Contributor

What?

Since when are hosts told when they can vacation?

Jill is an adult.  I think she can handle her television watching by using a DVR.

Not at all sure where you see all of these "restrictions"!  It looks like a pretty good life to me.

Over the years, many hosts have commented about not being allowed to schedule vacations during the fall season at all.  Once Christmas selling goes into full swing 'round about September, they are (were?) on lockdown.  

Respected Contributor

This is true for most people who work retail, not just Q employees. I’m sure they are very aware of this policy when they accept the job.

I don’t see how one retires at 50, think about health insurance and other benefits one gets when they are true retirement age. She may take a break, then return to work doing something she enjoys perhaps with fewer demands on personal time.
Trusted Contributor

I'm thinking her husband, Doug Dunne, does well. His business is called Creatively Dunne Inc. I think it has something to do with qvc. He's a vendor/buyer...something like that? I googled it & saw a couple familiar names like Byer's Choice, the name of those dolls she had in her YHJ Christmas show.
Esteemed Contributor

It is so interesting that many viewers saw a change in Jill's demeanor after her announcement.  I also saw that sense of 'release'in her. And I totally understand it...retirement offers an opportunity to live another side of life.   Am happy for her!!

Esteemed Contributor

I preface my remarks by saying my opinion is based on personal experience in my own workplace, but it still may be valid. With all the changes that are going on in home shopping, it is probably very difficult to do one’s job in a way that has been successful for many years. In their efforts to remain relevant and profitable, QVC may be changing the entire culture of the place. It may not be worth the trouble to stay.