Frequent Contributor

Leaving is a relief I think.............

As sad as I am that Jill Bauer is leaving...I have noticed since she has made the announcement she seems a bit lighter in her demeanor, almost like a weight has been lifted off her shoulder. She seems relieved quite frankly.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Leaving is a relief I think.............

She probably does appreciate it, think of the personal upkeep that it takes to be on TV regularly...having nails done, having hair cut, colored and styled, not being able to go on vacations when you want, not being able to stay up at night to do something simple like watch a TV show or attend a party, millions of restrictions, things she's been limited to for years. I think for anyone to retire is a relief even tho they love their job.

Super Contributor

I agree, noticed the same thing the last couple f times I've seen her on air.  My guess is the demands being put on the hosts to generate more and more sales is taking it's toll on all of them.  Speaking loud, acting and saying how excited they are all the time and all the other nonsence has to be stressful.  They'll start jumping ship one by one.  Several aren't too far from retirement age anyhow.

Respected Contributor

@grayhairdontcare   I thought the same thing.  After her announcement I thought, "boy she looks like she is enjoying herself now".   She looks loose and carefree now, very relaxed.

Valued Contributor

I didn't know Jill was leaving. More staff shuffling of late. But I know faces change over the years.

Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear this.  I've been enjoying her home decorating shows.

Valued Contributor

Jill has been on for many years.She is probably ready to retire. I always enjoyed her.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I noticed that as well.

Trusted Contributor

Didn't Jill work at QVC-UK at the beginning of her career?

Honored Contributor

Maybe because it is Spring, but during and since her announcement she is looking great in lighter colors instead of the black and other dark colors she was wearing.  She has a beautiful complexion and the lighter colors  compliment her appearance.  Sorry she is leaving.