Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919    I don't remember sizing ever being consistent.  It has always varied wildly from manufacturer to manufacturer.  There is no industry standard for sizing so it figures there would be differences. 

Leah may have gone up a size in the jacket because she planned to wear a heavy sweater or sweatshirt beneath it.  Lots of people do that.  She also many like a looser fit on tees so they won't be too revealing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It also could be that those sizes were what was available for Leah to wear.  

Many times lately I've noticed hosts saying they are in one size but would normally wear a different one except their size wasn't available.

Trusted Contributor
I think that if it was a size that Leah normally didn’t wear, then she would say so. Normally hosts do. They will make comments like, I sized up or I wanted a looser fit. She has been stating for quite a while now that she wears a size medium, so my guess is that she gained a little weight if she’s now saying she’s Wearing a large, without giving a reason why
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I have noticed that Leah always tells what size she wears when showing an item which I appreciate because I am built like her (but only 5'5) and I wear what she wears.  Lately it seems like she has gone from a M to L.  Today for example she wore the L in Isaac's TSV.  Yesterday she wore L in a t-shirt she was showing. I typically wear M.  Are garments shrinking or is Leah gaining a bit.  She still looks wonderful no matter what?

@bargainsgirl   Yes, it seems Leah is gaining weight again. At one time a couple of years ago I was aspiring to get into a size 10 like she was wearing when she was at her lowest (since I had known her/started watching QVC).

Her face is also a big clue...it is starting to fill out again. For quite awhile she was proud to say she was in a size 10. For the past few months for many garments she was wearing, she wouldn't say what size she was wearing. When she presented a Denim & Co coat last month, she said she felt more comfortable in a size large. I currently wear a size medium in that same coat and bought a few in the small too.

I hope she regains her desire to keep all that weight off before she gains anymore weight back.

For the past 3 years during my weight loss journey, as I have been losing weight, I had to constantly pick different models/hosts to see how garments would look on me...and it has been many since I went from a 2X/3X to a current medium/almost small...size 10 is too big and size 8 fits snug...my goal is size 6.

Anyone can google Leah Williams, click on images and see her at her top weight and her lowest and everything inbetween very easily. Additionally, Leah made a QVC video about her weight loss journey back in January 2020 titled 'Getting Real'. It's on youtube...

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I have noticed that Leah always tells what size she wears when showing an item which I appreciate because I am built like her (but only 5'5) and I wear what she wears.  Lately it seems like she has gone from a M to L.  Today for example she wore the L in Isaac's TSV.  Yesterday she wore L in a t-shirt she was showing. I typically wear M.  Are garments shrinking or is Leah gaining a bit.  She still looks wonderful no matter what?

Why would you care if she has gained weight? Oh please!

Super Contributor

@bargainsgirl , Could be what you are saying but I am noticing that not as much material is being used to make the item.  I am now able to judge my size by the size I would wear it buying from Department Store. Where before, I always had to size down.  Let's wait and see. Seems like everything is getting thinner also.  Not beefy enough for winter in New York.  

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@bargainsgirl 

Sometimes she will say they didnt have her true size in a garment so she will try on the next available size even though its not an exact fit.....It seems due to the pandemic QVC has problems getting samples of all sizes and/or colors....sometimes they will even show whats on the website because no samples have arrived yet...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”