Respected Contributor

I have noticed that Leah always tells what size she wears when showing an item which I appreciate because I am built like her (but only 5'5) and I wear what she wears.  Lately it seems like she has gone from a M to L.  Today for example she wore the L in Isaac's TSV.  Yesterday she wore L in a t-shirt she was showing. I typically wear M.  Are garments shrinking or is Leah gaining a bit.  She still looks wonderful no matter what?

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   I certainly don't know why Leah wears different sizes, but I do know I frequently find myself trying on 2 sizes of many tops before choosing the better- and although the majority of my tops are now S or M, I still wear a few marked L.  For me, it's my shape more than my weight that determines which fits well.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl, I find the 'click-here' measurements not always to be accurate and clothing sizing to be inconsistent many times.  I'd go with Leah, especially when watching her in it you can get a better grasp of what size to order.

Respected Contributor

I certainly do not know for sure, but I do trust that Leah is telling the truth.  Several years back, Leah lost a lot of weight.  As most of us know, and speaking from personal experience, when trying to lose weight, we usually go down to the lowest weight and then gain a little back.  It is not easy to maintain the initial weight loss and it is normal to gain back a little.  That's when most of us find a 'happy mediium', weighing less than our original weight but more than our initial loss. 

Anyway, my opinion is that the garments are not getting smaller.

Respected Contributor

Leah may have added a few Covid pounds, like many of the rest of us. I'm trying to work off 5lbs myself. But she still looks lovely. 

I have learned, though, not to fall for the -- it's Q sizing -- for all items. It's not consistent. At least for me, it hasn't been.

I'm not crazy about having returns, or having to buy two different sizes to figure it out. I hesitate to purchase clothing items now. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I have noticed that Leah always tells what size she wears when showing an item which I appreciate because I am built like her (but only 5'5) and I wear what she wears.  Lately it seems like she has gone from a M to L.  Today for example she wore the L in Isaac's TSV.  Yesterday she wore L in a t-shirt she was showing. I typically wear M.  Are garments shrinking or is Leah gaining a bit.  She still looks wonderful no matter what?

@bargainsgirl   I'm sure lines are sized differently...certainly not helpful to look at the size guide. The other day a host was presenting a tee by BD and she said she goes up a size. I find I usually have to hope the host gives a heads up like that. 

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

She looks wonderful, but you need to know if she has gained weight? Why?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

I appreciate that Leah does that too.  I'm just about her size and it is helpful to me.  I size up in Isaac Mizrahi tops when I buy them  They seem a bit smaller than say, Denim and Co. or some others.  Also, some shrink a bit.  

Esteemed Contributor

Purchased my first pima cotton tops from Isaac recently and they are huge. I returned a box full of my regular size this morning.

At least I now know to size down a size in his stuff. So much for "consistent QVC sizing." Didn't come close to fitting through the shoulders; they hung on me like a gunny sack!

Guess the Quality Control Dept. is no longer working?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I honestly believe they are making clothes smaller.  Not sure what a designer would benefit from this.  Sizes seem to be all over the place.  I remember back in the day a size 10 was a size 10 everywhere now maybe you wear a size 10 in this a 12 in that etc...