Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

This is going to get really  old really fast....lol   The only thing that changed is she lost weight.  She's just as pretty, just as charming, just as personable as she ever was.  Good grief.   Why do some people automatically associate beauty with weight loss?  I have lots significant amounts of weight twice in my life and people always say "you look so good!"   which always offended me because there was never a point in my life when I didn't look good.  

@chrystaltree   Because people who've lost significant weight look and feel better, it's reflected in their personality.  They can become different people because they're happier; they look and feel more alive.

If people tell you "You look so good" after a weight loss, maybe you didn't look as good as you thought you did.  Or maybe they're saying, "You look better".

How nice it would be for people to compliment each other on other things besides the way that they look. Most of us do not choose friends based on how much they weigh. As for people always feeling better after.  That is not always the case. Many people gain and lose weight for reasons that are not the business of strangers.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I think Leah's beauty comes from within!  She has always been one of my fovorites!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I saw her last night as well. IMO she definitely needed to size down in the clothes she was wearing.  What she had on was way too big and I thought it looked borderline sloppy.

When I tuned in during the Anybody Loungewear show she had on jogger pants in the size large, tall.  She very easily could have worn the medium.  She was wearing 2 shirts layered and the outer shirt was way too oversized.

Then during PMS, I'm not sure what she had on but again, she had on a shirt with an open front cardigan and it all looked oversized and sloppy.  I'm wondering why she isn't wearing her proper size in the clothes so they aren't hanging off her? 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

This is going to get really  old really fast....lol   The only thing that changed is she lost weight.  She's just as pretty, just as charming, just as personable as she ever was.  Good grief.   Why do some people automatically associate beauty with weight loss?  I have lots significant amounts of weight twice in my life and people always say "you look so good!"   which always offended me because there was never a point in my life when I didn't look good.  

Do you really choose to be offended by people who compliment you for what they regard as a pleasing change in your appearance?  Good heavens.  Be grateful, and be gracious. 

Honored Contributor

Leah is one of my favorite hosts she's professional, calm, fun, and informative and she looks GREAT!!! ......Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I agree that Leah looks great.  I think it is nice to compliment  someone on the fact they look nice; I like your outfit; you have nice shoes--I like them; that color is beautiful on you, etc.    Sometimes these compliments really make someone's day.

Contributor
  1. Leah’s a gorgeous women.  How’d she lose the weight?
Respected Contributor

@surrey wrote:
  1. Leah’s a gorgeous women.  How’d she lose the weight?

She mentioned that she gave up all the things she loved, i.e., fried foods, etc.  I don't think there is any magic bullet to losing weight, just eat sensibly, exercise, etc.   I gave up eating sweets, as that was my weakness (even though I eat healthy otherwise) and I lost the 10 lbs. I put on immediately.  Giving up extra sugar made a huge difference for me.  I also walk as much as I can (have always been a walker) so that also helps.  

Honored Contributor

Except for here, I have never heard anyone question why someone would be complimented on their weight loss. It baffles me.

If someone decides to lose weight, should we just ignore it? I had a friend whose husband had weight problems. When he lost a good amount of weight, he was very frustrated that no seemed to notice.

For goodness' sake, just because a person has lost weight and is complimented on it doesn't mean that only appearance matters.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Well said @suzyQ3.