Esteemed Contributor

@pommom   you are very fortunate to have such nails which is why you can't imagine having acrylic nails.  Not everyone is as fortunate as you

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   I tend to agree.   They look like acrylic nails. They are too perfect

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep   I think so too

Valued Contributor

Re: Leah’s Nails

[ Edited ]

Leah's nails are artifical.   About 2 weeks ago, she was on and her nails were all short, quite broken and the polish was very worn off.  She was trying so hard to hide her nails, About 2 days later, she was on and her nails were all long and perfectly shaped.  The polish job was good but not perfect as it still is-but if you notice on the close ups, you can see the polish is not done by a professional, but she's been doing a very good job.  She could almost polish them on her own from now on.

If her nails and the camera come in at just the right angles, you can see her natural nails underneath.  I think she tries to prevent showing that though.  

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

Color Street is what I love for my nails, even when they are short.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@Teddixat 

I have my mother to thank for passing on this gene. Smiley Happy She kept her nails long and polished.  I find that long nails get in the way of so much I do and prefer a short, manicured look.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I have to thank my mom and grandmother as I and my  cousins have inherited long. , strong, thick nails .  In fact I'm often asked if my nails are real . I'm always filing them down a bit ,  but do keep them  long which I prefer.   Now I really do beileve Leah has beautiful hands but her nails are acrylic,   The thickness is not a natural thickness they are too wide .  I caught a glimpse they other day she had blue polish and the close up shot showed where her nail was and the acrylic started out a ways.    She must be doing he own fillers. I have many friends who have them and are doing there own right now . Maybe some women  know how to do the acrylics themselves I don't know...

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@kjae, I don't personally know of  anyone with such thick perfect nails.   I guess it's possible but I just have never seen them.   They look like acrylic to me

I met a woman at physical therapy who had the most amazing nails and I could tell they were natural. I asked her if she had any suggestions. She told me she dips her nails in sugared milk a few times a week. I tried it but felt so stupid wasting milk I quit. I thought maybe she was laughing at me thinking I would try it. 

Respected Contributor

@Lali1  Remember drinking Knox gelatin? Your post reminded me? Some people swore it worked.  Taking Biotin has helped my nails though.

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@Lali1  Remember drinking Knox gelatin? Your post reminded me? Some people swore it worked.  Taking Biotin has helped my nails though.

My mom drank that stuff. I started taking gelatin pills a few years ago. Didn't help my nails but made my sore swollen knuckles all better.