Honored Contributor

Host Leah and Model Jackie look perfect at their new present weight.  Very healthy and strong, too.  Wishing them and all well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

Leah sure DOES look like she lost a lot of weight.  Someone had asked her if she had surgery and she said no.  What I don't understand though is how these hosts lose weight so fast.  Right before your eyes, all of a sudden there's such a difference and you don't even see it coming.  They're always reluctant to share how they're doing it, what diet they're on etc.  I would love it if they would share how they did it so others could benefit from it as well.  I for one and many others diet and diet and don't lose weight that fast or that much.  What's the secret and why is it a secret?

I don't get it when people ask others how they lost weight, as though it's some big new discovery. Eat fewer calories than you expend each day. There are a million "diets" out there, and they all work IF you do it. The key would be to pick something that works for "you" and that may not be what's working for someone else. And nothing will work for long unless it's a lifestyle change. Leah looks great, and I hope she continues the work.

Ballinmom, my thoughts exactly!....and how does she know that it was "all of a sudden"....Leah could have been doing it for month and it's just now noticeable.

Trusted Contributor

I really like her as a host! She looks especially good lately as others have mentioned and I find her voice very relaxing sounding!!

With these the totally unforgiving HD cameras adding the look of extra weight--it can't be easy!!

Regular Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

On the Saturday morning show she does David (Joan Rivers' rep) commented that she'd lost weight.  

She smiled and said (paraphrasing), "Thank you.  I've been working on it".  That's all she said.

Yes, I noticed it then.  I kept thinking that she looked different.  I adore her.  I've always said she should do more (especially jewelry shows).  She has a wonderful/beautiful smile but those hands, they are amazing!  They're so beautiful!  I love looking at her hands.

I DVR every Saturday morning show.  It's informative, fast moving and she makes it fun.

If some of you don't watch it, I suggest you look in every now and then.  Many of us here enjoy watching Leah and the 'gang' on Saturday morning.

I thought I was the only one who noticed her beautiful hands ~ lol.  Love Leah and watching her Saturday morning shows. 

Frequent Contributor

Leah is gorgeous, and no one on Earth does a better match of manicure colors to skin tone.  I marvel at her choices.  If she sold a nail color line (hint, hint QVC) - and even though our skintones are different - I would buy it without thinking twice.

Her look yesterday in the lace top, black pants, and heels was a HOME RUN!  She looked like heaven.

We all go up and down in sizing, and I always think she is a smash, but I find it inspiring when the hosts look insanely good.  Makes me want to BUY! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Have a great day!

Bella

Frequent Contributor

Yes!  I thought Jackie looked particularly well too!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

Leah sure DOES look like she lost a lot of weight.  Someone had asked her if she had surgery and she said no.  What I don't understand though is how these hosts lose weight so fast.  Right before your eyes, all of a sudden there's such a difference and you don't even see it coming.  They're always reluctant to share how they're doing it, what diet they're on etc.  I would love it if they would share how they did it so others could benefit from it as well.  I for one and many others diet and diet and don't lose weight that fast or that much.  What's the secret and why is it a secret?

@LilMadi

My two cents...

I think hosts have to be careful so that it doesn't come off as an "endorsement" since they have many brands they need to sell.  Remember when Carolyn was using that drink (I forget what it was called) that was supposedly guaranteed to work, but really didn't?  I think it was Kirstie Alley's product.  

If she chooses to use WW, instead of Nutrisystem, for example, viewers would ask why? Or if she doesn't use a Q product, like Nutrisystem, and people see that she's losing weight on her own, they would ask why they should buy the product.  The same goes for all of the fitness equipment.  If she has a personal trainer, for example, that is not going to make her "relatable" to the QVC viewer.  

good point

Super Contributor

Leah looks fabulous! The model Jackie looks the same to me, if not a little bigger. Put Jackie in XL as she is not a large. 

Valued Contributor

You have a point, thank you.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

Not all diets work and eating less calories isn't necessarily all it takes to lose weight.  What's wrong with asking?  Someone might know something that you don't, so why not ask and get ideas, advise etc?  It's not hurting anyone and it could help someone. 

"I never changed, I just learned."