Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the proximity voids the need for a mask?

Contributor

I totally agree!  I like them both on their own, together, not so much.

Many have come and gone, but they all left paw prints on my heart
Regular Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

We have NO knowledge about the circumstances.

Maybe they have had the vaccine, maybe they have already had the virus..maybe maybe maybe we should let them worry about themselves.

Just to add:  staying 6 feet apart and wearing a mask is NO guarantee you will not get the virus.

My DH did all that PLUS, plexiglass around all desks, temps taken from EVERYONE entering, distancing dots on the floor, building professionally sanitized EVERY night.

He got it from a coworker anyways.  I was spared.

So don't think just because you are following guidelines, it is ANY guarantee...it is NOT.

Exactly right @RespectLife !  My goodness.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kelsey1995 wrote:

I don't understand the pairing of Leah and Shawn. Leah is always prepared and dressed professional, and Shawn is Shawn. I was hoping it was going to end after Christmas. JMO

@Kelsey1995 

I was one of the posters who last year did not see how this could work, personalities are just to different, and I have to admit the first few times that I watched them together it was an awkward show. However, I feel as if they are comfortable with each other now and the show is enjoyable to watch. 

Frequent Contributor

....and Nancy Hornbeck is gone and SK remains?????

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes a person just has to shake her head!

Respected Contributor

@NYViewer 

My reaction too.  Nancy actually wanted to give the customer good information about the products she was presenting.  She seemed to know what she was talking about.  She wasn't about sparkling repartee and striving to make the viewers love her.  As a "sidebar," as Shawn repeats all the time, Nancy is a cancer survivor.  I hope she did not leave because her cancer came back. 

Contributor

I actually think that they paired Leah and Shawn because Shawn has been losing her popularity among viewers.  If you may have noticed they have moved her around alot lately with Amy S. and Kourtney K.  Idk I really enjoyed watchig Shawn when I first watchied the Q about 5 yrs ago.  However, lately I just find her sort of annoying.  I think she tries to be "younger" than she is?  I wish she would just embrace herself and not try to keep up with the younger hosts. She almost seems frenetic when showing items.  Something is off. But, I still enjoy the Q and will keep watching.  If hosts begin to annoy me I simply change the channel.  Everyone still has the freedom to do that. 

Just my observation is all.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Leah and Shawn

[ Edited ]

We have no idea, why Nancy is gone!

It could have been entirely her choice, and for a multitude of reasons; it could have been long, in the works. 

I, personally, have always enjoyed Shawn, but even, if I couldn't stand her, as a host, I'd never wish for someone to lose their job, to please me. 

The hosts are strangers on TV.  They have zero impact, on my life.  

Super Contributor

I like them both, but not together.

I think they are just too different and seem uncomfortable around each other. It just seems fake to me. Almost cringy to watch.

Leah is great in her morning shows...but it seems like she just wants to fall asleep at night with Shawn. I'm not trying to be unkind, but some people are just not night owls! haha

Shawn is more relaxed at night and I like that when I watch in the evening. I just want to have fun with them - like when she's with Courtney. But I can't see her doing a morning show.

I have worked jobs on both day shift and night shift...and there are two types of people on each shift. These two are just not meant to be together in my opinion.

But I enjoy them both separately, like I said!