Esteemed Contributor

They are both well paid actors and entertainers and performers,  so will do what the contract requires in exchange for the compensation. 

Super Contributor

People are home a lot more due to the covid restrictions. Soooo people are spending more time watching tv and have time to NOTICE more behavior. The person that started this thread was correct! I have been noticing the same things. How ZANY would it be if the hosts acted professional and spoke about the product more than their likes, dislikes, kids, J.T. speaks of her fabulous dancing kids throughout her presentaions and its maddeing. SK speaks about anything related to a celebrity especially Oprah! I sometimes wonder WHY she shows things and immediately says this was one of Oprahs favorites...Not everyone cares and some do. I happen to get sick of it. All our opinions are valid and we have a right to speak them. So how Zany would it be to just go past a forum that doesn't suit their taste? Sounds really rude huh?

Honored Contributor

@LillyandHobo wrote:

People are home a lot more due to the covid restrictions. Soooo people are spending more time watching tv and have time to NOTICE more behavior. The person that started this thread was correct! I have been noticing the same things. How ZANY would it be if the hosts acted professional and spoke about the product more than their likes, dislikes, kids, J.T. speaks of her fabulous dancing kids throughout her presentaions and its maddeing. SK speaks about anything related to a celebrity especially Oprah! I sometimes wonder WHY she shows things and immediately says this was one of Oprahs favorites...Not everyone cares and some do. I happen to get sick of it. All our opinions are valid and we have a right to speak them. So how Zany would it be to just go past a forum that doesn't suit their taste? Sounds really rude huh?

@LillyandHobo 

👏👏👏👏👏----BRAVO! BRAVO!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Effie54 @sunala @KBEANS 

Here's a zany thought - stop watching QVC. Turn the channel. Go rag on other people. Better yet, stop ragging on people. Period.

You're not ragging are you?

Frequent Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@Halidon wrote:

@65and fabulous wrote:

WHY????

Why are they doing this pairing?

Why are they trying to "pair" Shawn with so many other hosts? 

I just don't get it. 

I think Leah has enough to do with the morning shows she manages now.

Exactly, and why doesn't Shawn do morning, afternoon or Sunday shows?  More veteran hosts do.  I'm hoping Leah will not be the next host to disappear. 

---       -   
I am just guessing here, but, I'd assume, that veteran hosts, have at least some input, into the schedules they work, that's true of most companies. 

With Shawn, for instance, she has a very young daughter, and an elderly Mom, at home.  It may work better for her, to be at home during the day, with her wee one, and Mom, who need her, and work late, when they're in bed.  

Host's like Mary Beth,and Pat, who have adult children, may feel, that they've put in their dues, working late shifts and prefer not to, anymore.  

If a company can work with their staff, schedule wise, it  tends to be a win-win situation! 

I believe Kerstin has 3 children and a parent with health issues as well.  Amy has 2. Some hosts probably have parents with issues and don't divulge.  

Honored Contributor

They are alike in the ways that matter the most.  They are professionals, they are QVC employees, their job is to sell stuff.  So, I'm sure they will do just fine together.  They are both extremely popular.  One because she's so good at what she does, the other because she has quirky personality that QVC shoppers love.  So putting them together attracts double the viewers.  

Frequent Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

GET A LIFE FOLKS! Pi

... but you're here with us, LOL!

New Contributor

As for the show I watch it for the "train wreck," "I can't beleive they paired these two OBVIOUSLY mismatched personlities together" aspect of it. It's been months and they still don't gel. They're just too different in terms of presentation and selling style.

As for the hosts, I love Shawn. I love that she's quirky and all over the place. Mostly I'm amazed that she's still there. But I'm glad she is. Sometimes she shows her utter ignorance of some topics, which mkes her look stupid. On one hand, we can't all know everything. One the other, at her ge you'd think she'd know what she's talking about on subject she clearly knows nothing about. So I guess she's looking stupid all the way to the bank.

She's always talking about God, yet she sold jewelry with the Bible quote, "Be still AND know," and she kept quoting is as, "Be still I know." "Be still I know" doesn't even make any sense. And of course, no one in the booth probably had sense or the knowledge to know it was wrong and correct her. It's just a case of trying to sell something to an audience that clearly might know more about the product than she does. Not good.

And I can't stand Leah as a host. She stumbles and bumbles throughout her presentations,  starting and stopping sentences. I can't really call it rambling, because half the time it's just utterances, not even coherent thought. She's awful.  (So is Jayne Brown, who can't get her act together. But that's for another thread.) Can't watch her for more thana few minutes -- at best. And on her apparel shows she'll suggest pairings "that look great" -- and the items look awfull together.

WHY QVC execs would think to put these two together is beyond me. I've had a job where I had to work two different shifts in the same week. Unless Leah couldn't get out of this pairing, I don't know WHY she'd want to work late Tuesday nights....and then have to turn-around and work very early Sat. and Sunday morning is beyond me.

Frequent Contributor
They may be trying to bring in both types of viewers, they hipster types with Shawn, and those who prefer Leah’s professional approach.
Esteemed Contributor
@Autumleaves. I am here but I’m not tagging on hosts. I stand by my comment. GETALIFE!!