Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps they are assuming that Shawn will be paired with Leah so Leah can be an example for Shawn to follow on how to actually present products without self promotion. I do think of Leah as having class  and style and product awareness. No comment on Shawn other than she could learn from Leah.  

Esteemed Contributor

I actually watched some of the show. I was bouncing between QVC, and Heidi Daus on HSN. 

The Leah/Shawn show did seem forced. There was one part where Shawn was demonstrating some sort of Body oil or Butter, that came in a solid form. The product was made by a lady that use to be a baker. The camera cuts to Leah and the Vendor, and they were just chatting it up. I guess earlier in the day Leah had taken the time to speak to the vendor. It showed in how natural the two of them were when speaking to each other. Even though Shawn was doing the main presentation she looked like she was left out. 

The Vendor and Leah had a connection. 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

While Leah was presenting the Ryka TSV, there was a split screen, with Leah on the left, Shawn in the middle, and the Ryka rep on the right. Leah and the rep were talking about the product, and Shawn was sprawled out on a sofa, disinterested, and apparently texting someone on her cellphone. I said to myself, "What's up with this?!," and changed the channel... Woman Surprised

I find it strange that she would be allowed to text someone while she's on television. 

@San Antonio Gal   It seems like Q lets Shawn and some other hosts do whatever they want to whether it makes sense or not!

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Perhaps they are assuming that Shawn will be paired with Leah so Leah can be an example for Shawn to follow on how to actually present products without self promotion. I do think of Leah as having class  and style and product awareness. No comment on Shawn other than she could learn from Leah.  

@bonnielu   Good idea, but as great as Leah is, I don't think anyone can tone down Shawn and her antics.  Yes, Leah has class!

Honored Contributor

Re: Leah and Shawn????

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

While Leah was presenting the Ryka TSV, there was a split screen, with Leah on the left, Shawn in the middle, and the Ryka rep on the right. Leah and the rep were talking about the product, and Shawn was sprawled out on a sofa, disinterested, and apparently texting someone on her cellphone. I said to myself, "What's up with this?!," and changed the channel... Woman Surprised

I find it strange that she would be allowed to text someone while she's on television. 

@San Antonio Gal : I agree, so l just watched again to prove to myself that l wasn't hallucinating. The video from Tuesday night is still posted: item 384616, at 12:50 into the presentation. (I fast-forwarded it). She's holding her cellphone, and It sure looks like she's texting. If not, then she's googling something, which is almost as bad, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Leah and Shawn????

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

I actually watched some of the show. I was bouncing between QVC, and Heidi Daus on HSN. 

The Leah/Shawn show did seem forced. There was one part where Shawn was demonstrating some sort of Body oil or Butter, that came in a solid form. The product was made by a lady that use to be a baker. The camera cuts to Leah and the Vendor, and they were just chatting it up. I guess earlier in the day Leah had taken the time to speak to the vendor. It showed in how natural the two of them were when speaking to each other. Even though Shawn was doing the main presentation she looked like she was left out. 

The Vendor and Leah had a connection. 

@icezeus 

You are so right....Leah has a connection with the vendors because she takes time to do her homework on the product and talks to the vendors beforehand and it shows in her presentations....
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I watched one presentation of the Hunter McGrady's faux suede coat and there was no details given about it.  They both just talked about the concerts they went to and how much older Leah is than Shawn.  At one point both had the coat on and both said they didn't see the details on the sleeves. Neither of them were prepared. I agree with the others that this looked forced and not comfortable at all.

@Pecky- I didn't understand that "shtick" at all!! Why was Shawn singing Earth Wind and Fire songs? I lost them somewhere in that fluffy white fake fur. It was a cute white coat but sadly, not for me, not that I'm buying a winter coat this year anyway as I doubt if I'll be going outside very much, if at all, and I've got several coats I can wear if I do get out of my prison...ummm I mean HOUSE.

I'll confess that I had no clue who Shawn was. What happened to the way she used to look with her edgy haircut, streaky hair and weird clothes?

@sunala 

They were doing Earth Wind & Fire songs because the coat reminded them of stuff that they wore when they went to EW&F concerts back in the 70's.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe Leah could graciously offer up a box of tissues.

Trusted Contributor
Haha about the box of tissues Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

WHY????

Why are they doing this pairing?

Why are they trying to "pair" Shawn with so many other hosts? 

I just don't get it. 

I think Leah has enough to do with the morning shows she manages now.