Respected Contributor

Re: Leah & Shawn hosting together...

I don't understand why any show needs 2 hosts.  Seems like that only encourages some silly behavior.  This is a shopping channel not a variety show!

Trusted Contributor

Leah does better hosting alone.  Too giggly when co-hosting. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

Leah does better hosting alone.  Too giggly when co-hosting. 

--------------

I checked in and had to change the channel. The Leah on this show is a completely different sales person. She  seems a bit uncomfortable and trying too hard to keep up with Shawn's silliness.  Won't be watching!

Frequent Contributor

To me, it is such a strange pairing. Not one I'll watch. I also thought it was a wierd pairing with Antonella and Shawn. Shawn was dominant, and you could barely tell Antonella was there. 

I think Amy and Courtney are a good pairing. They are equally dominant and can handle themselves well together. 

I don't care for pairings. One host is enough. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

Weird.  Why do all these people need to host with Shawn . . . Antonella, Courtney, Elise, and now Leah.  Methinks something is amiss.  And don't ask me what.  I have no idea.  Just seems strange.  

Im sure this will get poofed, but my guess is shawn never does her job and describes anything, they need a co-host so we can get the information we need to make a purchase. 

Respected Contributor

@willomenia 

I think Shawn must work with excellent producers.  I get the impression they give her all the pertinent information about an item through her earpiece.  From my observations of her presentations, I get the idea she wants to entertain, to act quirky, to make the customers like her.  That way the customer feels a connection to her and is more likely to order something she is presenting. 

Super Contributor

Oil & water!!!  Not a comfortable show to watch. And the "wine" drinking is annoying.

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Have they ever hosted together?  They've got a MAC show coming up next month.  I'm looking forward to the show and wondering how they will interact with each other.

MAC Cosmetics Premiere

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 8-10pm ET

Hosts: Shawn Killinger and Leah Williams

@San Antonio Gal Why did you need to copy and paste from my post on the Beauty forum?

Who cares? Maybe the OP has friends in another forum and wanted to ask them the same thing. Or not. Why would it matter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maximillian wrote:

@willomenia 

I think Shawn must work with excellent producers.  I get the impression they give her all the pertinent information about an item through her earpiece.  From my observations of her presentations, I get the idea she wants to entertain, to act quirky, to make the customers like her.  That way the customer feels a connection to her and is more likely to order something she is presenting. 

@maximillian 

I agree I think she prefers to "entertain" at the expense of not doing the homework on the products (she prepares more on the 20 questions she asks co-hosts and vendors).....  Ive heard her even tell vendors from time to time...."I hope you can give us all the details on this item or we are in trouble....." But as I said before, I much prefer her over Amy or KL....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Tampa bay