Honored Contributor

Re: Leah & Shawn hosting together...

[ Edited ]

People may be watching just to see two opposite personalities clash....Flipping through the channels this is what QVC has become----Shawn providing an M&M taste test for poor Leah and SK even told her to hurry up with the results because the show was almost over....yep, that's the show's priority...asking questions, and drinking wine!!! Woman Frustrated  Presenting products seems secondary---then the QVC Execs will scratch their heads and wonder why sales are down in certain product categories presented by this host .....🤔 Your products, not the hosts, need some attention QVC --- please!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Shawn said ratings for their new show are "through the roof!" 

I'm not at all surprised; a lot of people like to see what craziness will ensue next.

I wonder how those ratings translate to actual sales.

---------------

I was flipping thru channels and stopped on their show for a short time.  I heard Shawn say that and frankly don't believe it!!  They are not co hosting, they are competing...more Shawn than Leah!!   Disaster of a show!!

Have to say, I have never purchased anything I had seen Shawn present.   She is just so difficult to watch!!

Respected Contributor

I watched again last nite. Love classy Leah, but I don’t really care for Shawn and the weird stuff she says and does. I don’t know if it’s a regional thing w/ the way she was brought up- but she doesn’t seem to mesh w/ many hosts. She says and does too many weird things! .
Super Contributor

When I tuned in very briefly the first night it was on, Leah looked uncomfortable to me.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

People may be watching just to see two opposite personalities clash....Flipping through the channels this is what QVC has become----Shawn providing an M&M taste test for poor Leah and SK even told her to hurry up with the results because the show was almost over....yep, that's the show's priority...asking questions, and drinking wine!!! Woman Frustrated  Presenting products seems secondary---then the QVC Execs will scratch their heads and wonder why sales are down in certain product categories presented by this host .....🤔 Your products, not the hosts, need some attention QVC --- please!! 

-------   
Sometimes it seems like we're watching different shows😊but, I guess it's just different viewer perspectives!

Tuesday night, is a kind of boring, down time, for me, so, I've watched all of their shows so far. I've thought both hosts, have done a good job and thoroughly presented products.

I don't mind, in the least, if there's some fun, even a little goofiness, inserted, in a show.  I actually prefer it.  I'm sure it's my personality, but it bores me to teeth grinding, to sit thru, a stodgy, "nothing but the information, maam" show! 
It's a lipstick for gosh sakes, and I'm pushing 50😉How much information do I need?

I definitely didn't get a poor Leah vibe, with the M&M's. She seemed relaxed and fully participating. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

-------   
Sometimes it seems like we're watching different shows😊but, I guess it's just different viewer perspectives!

Tuesday night, is a kind of boring, down time, for me, so, I've watched all of their shows so far. I've thought both hosts, have done a good job and thoroughly presented products.

I don't mind, in the least, if there's some fun, even a little goofiness, inserted, in a show.  I actually prefer it.  I'm sure it's my personality, but it bores me to teeth grinding, to sit thru, a stodgy, "nothing but the information, maam" show! 
It's a lipstick for gosh sakes, and I'm pushing 50😉How much information do I need?

I definitely didn't get a poor Leah vibe, with the M&M's. She seemed relaxed and fully participating. 

We can agree to disagree---Its fine to show personality but some hosts carry it too far, the silly fantasy stories, the game of 20 questions has gotten very old...and "winging it" on every product exposes unpreparedness .......every product isn't lipstick....and the giddiness over the wine drinking reminds of teenagers who raided their parents liquor cabinet.....🙄

I thought Leah had a nervous laugh and she wasn't entirely into the candy game...thats why SK urged Leah to give more results not much time left in the show...And why arent the tables turned since these games and the show is supposed to so much "fun" why havent I heard Leah ask SK 20 questions....maybe I missed it.....Different strokes for different folks and different takes on hosts and pairings and this one has no chemistry---I find it uncomfortable and difficult to watch and plan on finding other entertainment to spend my time on.... JMHO  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

I also was wondering the same thing regarding Amy's hairstyle change.  She looked so adorable with her short pixie cut....I loved it on her!!  Now she is growng her style longer and it appears more blonde highlights are being put in as well. Are they trying to get all of the hosts to eventually be blondes or what?  Shawn looked so much cuter, at least my opinion, in her shorter do also.

Even Courtney K. just recently put a whole bunch of blonde into her hair too.  She looked very pretty with her natural dark hair.  At any rate, I watch the shows for the products that they are presenting, but I just had to mention that I have noticed this regarding the three above mentioned hosts.  

I love my QVC.  Will always watch and buy because I love saving money!!

Super Contributor

Wow, a lot of Shawn bashers on here .... 😳😳 😄😄
I get it, many either seem to love her or hate her ~ but some seem to not pass up taking the time to bash lol.
Frankly there are quite a few hosts I'm tiring of on the Q (some very popular!), but believe in just a little positivity when I can, makes me feel better especially in these crazy unprecedented times. I've watched this (Leah & Shawn) show to some extent and I'm not in love with it, but it's okay.
Wasn't overly crazy with how they started this edition lol but won't get into that (politics should always be taboo on shopping channels JMO ... and forums, Ha!).
Hey everyone take care and thanks for taking the time to answer my questions on here, y'all rock!

Occasional Contributor

I like Leah and I like Shawn....two different personalities, two diffenent styles. Leah is very professional and sells me every time, Shawn is kookie but gets the job done...
However, Shawn's personality just steam rolls over Leah (who is too much of a lady to roll back). I like watching both of them separately, but I don't like them together. All in all, I don't like the pairing and won't watch anymore. 

Occasional Contributor

I'm late to this forum but I could no agree more! Leah really seems like she wishes this never happened. I feel bad for her. Not a good pairing whatsoever.