Respected Contributor

I am going through this now, so jealousy is hardly on my mind.

When you lose weight as you are older, it often shows in your face, not always in a flattering way. 

Awhile back I mentioned myself, Leah, and Heidi from philosophy.  Fat is a great filler, and loss of it can make your face look older than before.  It isn't criticism, it is fact.

I do remember Leah some years ago as slender, then she had surgery (hysterectomy maybe) and gained weight.  Now she is in the process of losing weight.  I would feel uncomfortable (if I were her) with certain comments.  Might make me ask myself if I really looked bad before!

It is said that the older you are, the more careful you have to be not to be too thin or it makes you look gaunt and older.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Wonen really can't win in this society, they are criticized when they are heavy, and then after they lose weight. Leah knows what she looks like, and I hope she is proud of what she has accomplished.

Overweight people are so jealous when someone like Leah loses lots of weight.... just like when Patti  the host from several years ago got very thin  Poor Patti was relentlessly picked on and bullies for becoming so slender.

.... I am sure it is the overweight people on this board who  say how leah is TOO THIN... FACE LOOKS OLD.    Leah looks just fine... so much better with the lost pounds.  She does not look sick LOL!

I don't think she was picked on "for becoming so slender."  She was picked on because her personality changed after losing the weight.  She became another person and it was not a better person, in my opinion.  The weight loss was great but her attitude and egotistical displays were not flattering at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I remember when Patty Reilly lost the weight.  I always thought she was pretty (even at her heavier weight), but I thought she looked really great once she was thinner.  She never seemed too thin or gaunt to me.  I can't say the same for Leah.  I have to agree with the OP.  She is (or appears to be) too thin.  And, no, I'm not overweight or jealous or even concerned for her health.  

@Citrine1  I agree with your entire paragraph, except the last sentence. I am concerned about Leah's health. Have been for several months. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor
@citrine..I agree w/ you. These posters are annoying when they say your overweight and jealous if u make a comment. No, I’m not. I’m petite and small . I have been all my life. I adore Leah , but there was a bit too much weight loss for her and her face and neck appear very gaunt. It doesn’t look healthy..
Valued Contributor

All these people should mind their own business and leave Leah alone

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor
@hyacinth et,al

It is not unusual for people to lose weight in their face. In fact most people lose weight from the head down. I think Leah’s weight loss has to do with her body type. If you notice she is smaller on top than on the bottom. It is just the way she’s built. Her weight loss will adjust as she adjusts to her new body weight. She looks perfectly happy and healthy to me. I would let Leah worry about her own health. Just be happy for her because she looks gorgeous. She’s a lovely woman and a consummate professional

Valued Contributor

@qbetzforreal So many people thought he was talking about getting high. But he wrote that song from The Book of Acts in the Bible. Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

I think Leah looks younger in her new slim body.  I do think she needs a new hairdo because she is has a small face and all of that hair doesn't do it justice.  But it is her choice: her body, her hair, etc.

I need to lose 20 pounds and if I could get my behind smaller I don't care if my face also thins out! 

Honored Contributor

Sorry ladies but I feel we are all body shaming when commenting how "wonderful" a woman looks after a significant weight loss. Just how did that person look before?? Leah has always been beautiful in my book.

"Pure Michigan"