Respected Contributor
Was anyone talen aback by the Lazy Boy vendor tonight selling the Leather Recliner? I couldn't help but notice he was not wearing socks. I found the look inappropriate particularly during the month of December. I don't know what he was thinking but he was trying to hard to look like a sophisticated gentleman ( where was his pipe ?)
Honored Contributor

Wouldn't a sophisticated gentleman wear socks?

Or is that "old school"?

Anyway, I don't know how people can wear shoes without socks or something. That to me is so uncomfortable.Don't their feet stick to their shoes?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I see socks. 

Valued Contributor

You see this more and more frequently on guys on TV.  Don't  think it looks so  great with a suit but it must be "in" these days.

Respected Contributor
I only wear socks with my running shoes and when the temperatures are sub-zero. Nothing bad has ever happened.
Esteemed Contributor

Thought he was a QVC employee. He often shows bedding and home products. He seldom wears socks and usually looks a little rumpled in his clothing. But Shawn's hair wasn't anything to write home about. They balanced either other out!  

Very nice, friendly man; knows his products and has been in the business for over 30 years IIRC. He's a great salesman. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Didn't see him but lately when I do tune in I see men who are there to sell ladies fashion dress in rather strange outfits by my standards.... tight tight pants with floral designs and rather usual tops and shoes.  If I ever bought something like that for my hubby he would file for divorce and or have my mental state researched.  

Honored Contributor

My youngest sister has been married at least 30 years to a man who probably doesn't own a pair of socks.  He has never worn them.

He owns his own company, inherited from his parents, and wears suits to work.  He says they are uncomfortable.  I don't think this is a new trend, not for him at least.  He also doesn't tie his laces.  

I see women without any leg coverings with bare legs in all types of weather and even in sleeveless dresses all winter long.

None  of it makes sense to me, but I have become accustomed to seeing people dress this way.  Doesn't bother me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lazy Boy Vendor

[ Edited ]

My ex husband before we were married in 1967 never wore socks. I have pictures of him in the winter with snow on the ground and him in loafers with no socks. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe he doesn't wear ANY underwear at all......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥