Respected Contributor

Re: Layoffs have put a damper on shopping

@cah wrote:

I stopped shopping QVC years ago and I was one of their biggest fans.

The prices are out of hand, the people are now pushed to be fast, talk fast,  and sell hard.

The older ones are the tried and true and I guess they make too much money now to keep.

All I see now is corporate greed and no human compassion of any kind. I'm so done.

Coupons ! Coupons ! Coupons !

In my opnion QVC missed out on a huge oppoirtunity to generate business when the pandemic struck and the brick and mortars closed down. But products could be found cheaper online elsewhere without the shipping delays.  QVC was stuck in the mud with its old business model and didnt react in time.  They lost out to Amazon and other retailers who were operating more efficiently. Hold times with customer service reps were too long, products were stuck "in progress" n warehouses while other places got them out timely.  The hosts were the least of their problems.

New Contributor

I agree entirely. The fall of QVC has started long before the pandemic. I saw it coming when they started expanding their stations, raising their prices on everything, lousy customer service etc. It was a strategy boound to fail. The pandemic just speeded up the process. As far as the hosts being laid off, I am sure they saw it coming as well and if smart have made contingeny plans as necessary. The pandemic isnt killing QvC, QVC is killing QVC. The behind the scenes people and the local businesses are who I feel for the most. BTW, I bailed, cancelled my card..couldn't deal with the incompetency, high prices and repeating of products, ad nauseum...Amazon has my business .

Respected Contributor

My husband and I order a lot of things online.....he orders from Amazon and I order from QVC.

His packages come in 2-3 days. I wait for weeks on some of mine. Just waking up....so to speak...really tired of that. I am a longtime Q shopper but think I have finally had enough.

Trusted Contributor

I want to gently say, I think you're taking  this, way too personally.  Of course it's sad, when jobs are lost, and the financial and emotional impact, that follows.  

For months, now, we've been, in the midst, of a pandemic. 
We've all been impacted, in various ways. For many millions of people, that impact has been financial.  I have no doubt, for many, many of those people, the impact has been severe.  

It's unreasonable, not to assume, QVC, was also, going to be impacted, and,at some point, might well have to make

cuts, as businesses, all over  the world, have been forced to do. 

Trusted Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@Pook wrote:

It could be that those or some of those who are gone made that decision for themselves under the circumstances.

They all came to that decision on the same day? The four hosts all said within the last week that they had more upcoming shows.

This was hastily executed by QVC's failing management. They didn't have time to inform the guests of the show cancellations: Wednesday afternoon on Facebook, Cameron Silver posted that he had an upcoming Halston show on QVC2 and I was the one that told him it was cancelled.

------- 

While, I suppose it may happen, I, personally, have never heard of a company, that decided to terminate/lay-off an employee, and gave them plenty of notice. 

I actually think that would be cruel; "You are not meeting our expectations, and we're terminating you, but, not till two weeks from Tuesday".  

In the meantime, the employee, is supposed to keep working productively, like nothing has happened? 

If my employer was displeased enough, with my performance, they informed me of my termination, then said, "However, your last day, will be in two weeks", I'd say, "If you're unhappy, with me, as an employee, let's end things immediately".  

As customers, we have no idea, how any of the

terminations were handled.  Frankly, it's none of our business, and companies, are zealous about employee confidentiality, so, they're certainly not going to share that information.