Respected Contributor

Re: Layoffs have put a damper on shopping

I've been laid off and I've also been one of the few that have remained and honestly I would rather be laid off than to be left behind doing twice or sometimes three times the work, having to wonder when the next axe will fall, having to put up with the new normal, etc.. Layoffs are not the end of the world, they are a time to move on, start over, come out of your comfort zone. I've been laid off once and retained once and the lay-off was much better. Yea it's uncertain but it gets better. Who knows, maybe they are truly happy to have been laid off. I know I was at my last job. 

Honored Contributor

layoffs are always bad

however what is up with this:

I want to push out my ADs 

can't access my order history at all

or manage my payments methods

terrible if they can't even fix that

basic,  stuff 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@banned again wrote:

@Pook wrote:

It could be that those or some of those who are gone made that decision for themselves under the circumstances.

They all came to that decision on the same day? The four hosts all said within the last week that they had more upcoming shows.

This was hastily executed by QVC's failing management. They didn't have time to inform the guests of the show cancellations: Wednesday afternoon on Facebook, Cameron Silver posted that he had an upcoming Halston show on QVC2 and I was the one that told him it was cancelled.

@Johnnyeager Some could have.  Where I used to work when layoffs were coming,  all workers were notified and many chose to volunteer since they were financially stable or didn't have families so others could stay.  Many were ready for a change and it worked.    I know of many places who do that.

New Contributor

I felt the same way.   I couldn't shop.

David was too excited.   

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:
If you look at Stacey's personal Instagram it is quite clear it was involuntary and she is not happy.

Others posted on QVC's pages, so they are corporate, sugar coated announcements and farewells.

Can anyone post what she said ? Perhaps it will add clarity to the situation at hand.  I was ambivalent about Sracey but she does have a family and I believe she was the breadwinner in her family.   I pray she will be ok. Surely David will address the matter during Coffee Talk next week ?

Honored Contributor

Layoffs least affect my shopping with QVC------the slow shipping and longer processing and the even slower returns---is the reason I don't shop here. I shop where I get my stuff in 2 days and sometimes even the same day. And free returns too. 

Honored Contributor

Layoffs have absolutely no effect on my shopping with QVC. The hassles with shipping and returning/exchanging merchandise, the lost shipping charges to return something, and the no-bargain prices do.
Esteemed Contributor

QVC management is not going to allow any employee to discuss another employee's departure in a public forum!
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:
If you look at Stacey's personal Instagram it is quite clear it was involuntary and she is not happy.

Others posted on QVC's pages, so they are corporate, sugar coated announcements and farewells.

Can anyone post what she said ? Perhaps it will add clarity to the situation at hand.  I was ambivalent about Sracey but she does have a family and I believe she was the breadwinner in her family.   I pray she will be ok. Surely David will address the matter during Coffee Talk next week ?

She made good money, she'll be fine.

I doubt that you'll be seeing her in the unemployment line.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped shopping QVC years ago and I was one of their biggest fans.

The prices are out of hand, the people are now pushed to be fast, talk fast,  and sell hard.

The older ones are the tried and true and I guess they make too much money now to keep.

All I see now is corporate greed and no human compassion of any kind. I'm so done.

That's how we roll in the shire..