Respected Contributor

Layering bracelets really annoying

If someone wants to do that, it is not what I mean.  I am referring to jewelry shows, where NO BRACELETS are shown on their own.  This is a BIG MISTAKE.  Last night, Nancy had a nice gold jewelry show (1am?), and she had a fascinating (to me) gold bracelet to show.  It was large and 4 figures, but so DIFFERENT from anything I've seen.  So, she shows it on her wrist with bangles on either side of it.  They were moving around and very distracting to the piece she was showing.

I think that bracelet would probably be a stand alone piece anyway.  I wouldn't distract from its beauty by putting other bracelets with it.  I don't understand this trend of showing bracelets with others on the wrist.  It does NOT make me want to buy it - I am LESS LIKELY to buy it if I cannot see it without distraction. 

Do the hosts just get fascinated with putting multiple jewelry pieces on at once?  It's not done with earrings, for example.  Only 1 is shown.

For the hosts or models, ONE AT A TIME.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Layering bracelets really annoying

On the other side of the coin during the fashion shows models put on scarves, jackets, shrugs, etc.  You dont get a chance to see what the top or dress looks like.  Its annoying to me.  I understand your annoyance.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Annoys me too but it's just one of those things I've come to accept

Respected Contributor

If it was as large as you describe, I would think it would stand out against the other bracelets.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003  I guess what bothers me most is when they say how you can stack it with those other bracelets and with a watch, etc.  In most cases the bracelets they are wearing don't look "stackable" at all.  I like to stack my bracelets, but they have to look right together.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

If someone wants to do that, it is not what I mean.  I am referring to jewelry shows, where NO BRACELETS are shown on their own.  This is a BIG MISTAKE.  Last night, Nancy had a nice gold jewelry show (1am?), and she had a fascinating (to me) gold bracelet to show.  It was large and 4 figures, but so DIFFERENT from anything I've seen.  So, she shows it on her wrist with bangles on either side of it.  They were moving around and very distracting to the piece she was showing.

I think that bracelet would probably be a stand alone piece anyway.  I wouldn't distract from its beauty by putting other bracelets with it.  I don't understand this trend of showing bracelets with others on the wrist.  It does NOT make me want to buy it - I am LESS LIKELY to buy it if I cannot see it without distraction. 

Do the hosts just get fascinated with putting multiple jewelry pieces on at once?  It's not done with earrings, for example.  Only 1 is shown.

Hyacinth

Totally agree, the same with "stackable" rings. Impossible to see real dimensions, but I guess that's the point.

Valued Contributor

That's always bothered me, too. I'd much rather try to see how it looks by itself to judge if I want to buy it. I don't always layer bracelets, unless a few bangles, but the hosts don't make it easy to determine if I'd like it just as it is. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to see them both ways...

Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@hyacinth003  I guess what bothers me most is when they say how you can stack it with those other bracelets and with a watch, etc.  In most cases the bracelets they are wearing don't look "stackable" at all.  I like to stack my bracelets, but they have to look right together.

You're right.  They often DON'T look good together.  They are just a conglomeration of whatever is in their show, and really don't work.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

Totally agree, the same with "stackable" rings. Impossible to see real dimensions, but I guess that's the point.

Oh, love that too.  Like they will show a pretty diamond ring for 4 figures and then you can't make it out with the other rings they try to put around it.

If I have a beautiful piece (like that bracelet or a diamond ring), I would rather showcase it without distraction.  I wouldn't BURY a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Hyacinth