Respected Contributor

Re: Layering bracelets really annoying

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

That's always bothered me, too. I'd much rather try to see how it looks by itself to judge if I want to buy it. I don't always layer bracelets, unless a few bangles, but the hosts don't make it easy to determine if I'd like it just as it is. 

I don't really layer jewelry like I see them do.  Yes, I have done bangles.  But it's just not my thing. 

So 99% of the time I would only consider a piece to wear alone.  Not seeing it that way (like what Nancy and others have done) interferes with my perception of it.

If they think it's helping them sell jewelry, they are sure wrong about me.  And I have bought lots of fine jewelry from them in the past.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I'd like to see them both ways...

At the very least, show them alone as well as with others.  Many times, I don't even like what they put together.  And at a 4 figure price tag, it deserves to be seen alone.

Hyacinth

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

When I see them stacked together, it makes me think the "piece" cannot look as beautiful standing alone.

Of course, stacking everything is the fashion now. You can't wear a watch alone. Antonella, bless her sweet heart, loves jewelry and stacks to high heaven until you can't recognize the piece.

When purchasing, I want to see it stand alone.

Valued Contributor

If the bracelets are simular in style and design it looks fine. I wear (simular to the John Hardy bracelets Jill wears) three John Hardy weave  bracelets each are over 1/4 in width. The bracelets are substantial and nestle together. Soft bracelets, do not make noise like bangles. No visible scratches due to the way the bracelets are designs. I wear mine 24/7.

I only take off to clean with jewelry wipes and dawn detergent. Bracelets ( to me) should not be  overwhelming on the wrist,not a distraction,but a complement to one's style.