Super Contributor

Laura and Harry Slatkin are Autism Advocates

I just happened to find this article about the Slatkins. It is a year old, but still viable.

I have a whole new respect for them. My 28 year old stepson is profoundly autistic, non verbal, and very, very hard to manage due to his potentially aggressive and harmful behaviors, so I can relate to the challenges they talk about here.

The Slatkins have a son with similar challenges, and they have used their wealth for amazingly philanthropic purposes for autistic children and youth. Wow. Very admirable. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-3701768/Real-lives-daughter-look-forward-twin-brother-t-...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Laura and Harry Slatkin are Autism Advocates

Carol , thanks so much for posting this.

I also have an autistic nephew, he is 21, higher functioning on the scale but life is hard for him in every way.  My sister forges on daily to give him the best life possible.

BRAVO to you the Slatkin family.

Maybe now that qvc is changing, they  may want to give back a little more.  Add autism to their list of events with the cancer events.  Wouldnt that be outstanding !

Thanks again.  I feel your need and pain for this cause. 

Honored Contributor

Carol, Thankyou so much for posting this. It really gave a very good insight into Autism. My neighbor's son has autism, but not severe. He was able to go to school and hold down a part time job, but he will never live by himself. He lives with his other brother, and sister.....He also recently had to give up his drivers license-not sure what happened there, but with the right resources and schools, it is amazing what one can accomplish. I applaud the Slatkins!!!!! 

Valued Contributor

They are a class act couple.....Laura's products are nice and what can you say about Harry's products - nothing but  outstanding and cannot wait for him  to come back to QVC this fall as has been spoken about previously!