Respected Contributor

QVC sales declined the first quarter of 2019.  There were declines in jewelry, beauty, and home products with modest gains in fashion and electronics.  I seriously doubt LR can fix what's wrong with QVC sales.  JMO.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Icon! Give me a break, LR did more to encourage eating disorders and low self esteem among young impressionable women than anyone else. What with her, taller and thinner mantra and the constant comment,"the air smells better up here". LR should have been ashamed of herself and the Q should have stopped her rhetoric. If I had a teenage daughter I would never have let her watch an LR fashion show. I always cringe when I hear a host or a vendor say everyone wants to look taller and thinner. Body shaming is the key to selling fashion, I guess. The fashion should be able to stand on it's on merit, we can see how the fashion looks on the different body types without those comments.

Valued Contributor

I think the higher ups probably weep everyday for making the mistake of letting Lisa go. They were never able to replace her. Lisa taught the average, typical QVC shopper to think bigger. She taught them how to dress, put on their makeup properly, do their hair, and style their jewelry. She was an inspiration and a diamond in their dull, grey lives. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

If I had to pick an iconic host it would be Kathy Levine. She is the reason I started watching QVC. She had the gift of gab. LR had the gift of Madison Avenue, the Hamptons, rich looking, etc. those were the only words she knew.

I agree.  Except she had the gift of misrepresenting Madison Avenue, the Hamptons, etc.  She was all about some pre-conceived illusions when it came to both NYC and the Hamptons.  Definitely very "faux" when it came to that!

I agree re Kathy Levine.  She was very good at what she did - A great salesperson, but also entertaining, yet not too much.  She always struck a good balance between the two.  And she described items beautifully.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's time for Johnnie to retire from QVC too!  His posts are to much and causing backlash and hostility.  Be a fan but keep it to yourself, 

Hosts come and go and some leave a bigger mark than others.  The two that stand out to me are Kathy and Lisa.  Kathy was great and I enjoyed her shows from the first to the last. She could really sell, She was fun and had a huge personality.  Lisa brought flair, glamour and sophistication and I enjoyed her very much also.  Loved her Christmas shows and looked forward to her tips. Both ladies were one of a kindd and irreplacable.  That said, both ladies always presented themselves professionally.  You knew they were there to do their job, not to giggle, prance around acting like fools and trying to come across as viewers best friends.  I do like many of the current hosts on QVC but certainly not all.  Hard to believe a current host owns and uses every beauty product she presents as well as every hair appliance is her favorate.  

Jill will be missed and is leaving her mark because she is professional and presents very well, ensuring the viewer learns all about the product.  MaryBeth is another, a very lovely lady.  I don't remember ever turning QVC off in past years because of the host, now I do quite often.  

So Johnnie, enough already.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I have nothing against LR but I never thought of her as a fashionista. She was an talented host. The only things she ever wore on air were black. She had on one red dress for a make TSV. Other than that her fashions were meh.

I never thought she was particularly stylish or any kind of trendsetter either.  I don't remember a red dress, but I do remember those Gumby pants dragging on the floor.  I didn't watch her often, but I did see those pants a lot!

Super Contributor

Lisa is far from being star quality- she sells costume jewelry that she passes off as being made especially for the customer, in fact they are usually last years styles- all of the merchandise can be found at Amazon, Wayfair, Restortation Hardware and Michaels- she will throw in some as she calls them high end and investment pieces of clothing that I do not know who would wear the stuff- all of it is what she likes, not once has she ever asked the customers what they want- she has managed to capture a small number of women that think she walks on water and will go cruising with her and pay to see her stateside- your money would be better spent on a Cher concert than her- just tune in on a Sunday and see the circus she is doing- no QVC is smart not to have her, the hosts now are much more relatable and not into themselves, however with Jill leaving now I think there will be others soon to follow- its called change rather we like it or not

Trusted Contributor
Mary lamb that is so true they have never been able to replace that. When reading the interview with the EP of YR he said he kept convincing and courting Michelle Stafford until she said yes. Heavy courting by the brass and a good deal that would be enticing. I think it's going to take a change of guard for this to happen. QVC sales are sluggish and plummeting due to lack of buzz, boring products and nothing pizazzing
Trusted Contributor

Re: LR was so iconic to QVC

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

I think it's time for Johnnie to retire from QVC too!  His posts are to much and causing backlash and hostility.  Be a fan but keep it to yourself, 

Hosts come and go and some leave a bigger mark than others.  The two that stand out to me are Kathy and Lisa.  Kathy was great and I enjoyed her shows from the first to the last. She could really sell, She was fun and had a huge personality.  Lisa brought flair, glamour and sophistication and I enjoyed her very much also.  Loved her Christmas shows and looked forward to her tips. Both ladies were one of a kindd and irreplacable.  That said, both ladies always presented themselves professionally.  You knew they were there to do their job, not to giggle, prance around acting like fools and trying to come across as viewers best friends.  I do like many of the current hosts on QVC but certainly not all.  Hard to believe a current host owns and uses every beauty product she presents as well as every hair appliance is her favorate.  

Jill will be missed and is leaving her mark because she is professional and presents very well, ensuring the viewer learns all about the product.  MaryBeth is another, a very lovely lady.  I don't remember ever turning QVC off in past years because of the host, now I do quite often.  

So Johnnie, enough already.

@mspatmac @JONNYSBRO  MSPAT, Who are you to tell Johnnie to retire from the boards and keep his comments to himself. If you can’t stand differing opinions and points of view, you don’t have to join in. Johnnie it’s a great thread!