Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO : Could you PLEASE post about any subject other than LR?? It's yesterday's news, and is getting tiresome.

l'm sure you could contribute to these forums about other topics of current interest!

@handygal2  Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen.  

I was in Instagram — Jonnysbro is there, very proudly describing himself or herself as an “Uber Lisa Robertson Fan formerly of QVC.”  Of all the interests a person has, of all the things we may want to say about ourselves in a quick little profile to say who we are, @JONNYSBRO  identifies as an Uber Lisa fan.

No judgement. Not my business.  But just know these posts will never, ever stop.  It’s all up to the Mods.  

Super Contributor

Re: LR was so iconic to QVC

[ Edited ]

Face it Jonnysbro, your icon couldn't handle getting older in front of her audience.  This is a proven fact when you look at her photos so filtered they don't look real.   If she's such an icon she should wear the badge of aging as an honor and show women it's ok to get older.   I think she was beginning to see herself on the screen, the appearing wrinkles, etc.   I figure she got out while she could and hide from HD television.  She's where she wants to be.  Peddler of Chinese made goods, 2nd quality Italian jewelry and filtering photos . Her idea of perfection.

That's your hero Jonnysbro.  Go back to watching Y&R.  At least their stars aren't afraid of a little grey hair and a few wrinkles.  Even Nikki embraces aging.  

Honored Contributor

Lisa represented 1990's decadence. Lavish, over the top style. 

The few times visiting her FB page she hasn't changed her dated look. 

Honored Contributor

Jonnysbro follows Lisa on Instagram with the same nic as here? 

Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

If I had to pick an iconic host it would be Kathy Levine. She is the reason I started watching QVC. She had the gift of gab. LR had the gift of Madison Avenue, the Hamptons, rich looking, etc. those were the only words she knew.

Lets not forget Amazing, amazing, amazing, love,love, love it. And her sentance when selling a watch or bag. Lead with a watch and handbag. LOL I don't lead with anything, maybe if I had a dog a leash, Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor
The other thread got shut down after four posts so we had to start another one to make up the difference. 🙄
Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda   I agree with you.  However, she has moved on as I'll bet the rest of us have.  

Trusted Contributor

@Westshopper wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

If I had to pick an iconic host it would be Kathy Levine. She is the reason I started watching QVC. She had the gift of gab. LR had the gift of Madison Avenue, the Hamptons, rich looking, etc. those were the only words she knew.

Lets not forget Amazing, amazing, amazing, love,love, love it. And her sentence when selling a watch or bag. Lead with a watch and handbag. LOL I don't lead with anything, maybe if I had a dog a leash, Smiley LOL

What used to crack me up is that she would complain and admonish people for judging others and then turn around tell all of us that we needed whatever she was selling so we would be judged to be worthy.

She used a job interview as an example all the time.  Bad example.

Walking into most interviews with flashy, expensive accessories is not a way to get a job.  It can send the wrong message sometimes.

Trusted Contributor

I find it crazy that Paul and Judy are now following in LRs footsteps. Paul leaving HSN stating hes done with shopping channel interference. Pretty much alluding to fact Judy and Him are doing their own biz. Hmmmm wanna make a bet it's very similar to LRs business. Michelle Stsfford had that icon status diva at YR. U know its smart for the producers to peruse her like they did. Probably with lots of money and saying they want to bring YR back to classic show. With majorly declining sales QVC needs a jolt. If I were the CEO I would use that persistence to strike a huge deal with LR. It would be old magic restored
Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Lisa represented 1990's decadence. Lavish, over the top style. 

The few times visiting her FB page she hasn't changed her dated look. 

Especially the obvious acrylic nails.

She has them done like that and then complains that they are too long.

Lisa, you pay for them.  Tell the nail lady to do them shorter or

BUY A NAIL FILE!