Honored Contributor

See the source image

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Yet another baiting thread....ho hum

It's not baiting.  It's promotional.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO : Could you PLEASE post about any subject other than LR?? It's yesterday's news, and is getting tiresome.

l'm sure you could contribute to these forums about other topics of current interest!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

JMO but I don't think management wants to keep the senior hosts around.  Lisa was very good at her job, but I often wondered if the favoritism shown to her by TPTB angered the other hosts.  She got the Italy trips.  She got the glamor shows.  She got Hollywood and Manhattan.  It was indicative to me of how things were going to go when Courtney Cason didn't get the PMS job.  She was the fair-haired girl, at Lisa's side, and she got booted off in favor of a more established host.  I don't know if there is any displeasure with David getting so much attention for so long, but I would not be happy if I was relegated to Q2 while the young ones took over the main channel.  

Honored Contributor

Re: LR was so iconic to QVC

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO   I don't know if you read these responses.  Yes, she was a well-known QVC sales rep to many QVC viewers.  However; people move on.  I wish both her and you well....there comes a time when one considers new endeavors and stops dwelling on the past.  I think she has.

I like @Serenity's suggestion.  Your determined efforts could certainly be used where they are needed.....volunteering, perhaps helping those less fortunate.  I'm sure it would be more rewarding for you and certainly for others.

Super Contributor

Can we give LR a rest already! It's like a cult following, let it go!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I also am a soap watcher and watch the Young and the Restless..the Executive producer is bringing back the old Phyllis and his comment was shes so iconic to the show. It made me correlate immediately to LR that's she so iconic to QVC. It just is so true what a trendsetter and fashionista she was. She was incredibly iconic to QVC and with QVCs sales dropping omg she would be the jolt in what they need.

In my opinion, in order for QVC to stop hemorrhaging, they need to:

• Offer a wider variety of products and more unique products
  • Lower their prices
  • Offer free, two day shipping

I'm not sure how someone who offers products from a Chinese wholesaler's catalog at a huge mark-up with slow, expensive shipping and returns is going to fix all of that.

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@JONNYSBRO   I don't know if you read these responses.  Yes, she was a well-known sales representative for QVC as are others.  However; people move on.  I wish both her and you well....there comes a time when one considers new endeavors and stops dwelling on the past.  I think she has.

No one outside of television shopping knows who she is.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO: What's with the one-note posting???? I think you've completely exhausted this topic!!! Smiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated 

Respected Contributor

I started watching QVC in the late 80's...I've ''seen them all''.  LR was a great host - knew how to get it done - whereas now, I just flip right on by the Q.  It seems like when she quit the Q, others started gradually quitting also. You either liked LR - or you didn't.  I did.  My opinion , like yours, counts too.