Honored Contributor

@JasperDawg wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I also am a soap watcher and watch the Young and the Restless..the Executive producer is bringing back the old Phyllis and his comment was shes so iconic to the show. It made me correlate immediately to LR that's she so iconic to QVC. It just is so true what a trendsetter and fashionista she was. She was incredibly iconic to QVC and with QVCs sales dropping omg she would be the jolt in what they need.

In my opinion, in order for QVC to stop hemorrhaging, they need to:

• Offer a wider variety of products and more unique products
  • Lower their prices
  • Offer free, two day shipping

I'm not sure how someone who offers products from a Chinese wholesaler's catalog at a huge mark-up with slow, expensive shipping and returns is going to fix all of that.

@JasperDawg : Your post sums it all up beautifully. It belongs in Suggestion Box, where the PTB will see it!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

There was a time when I enjoyed her presentations on QVC. But then she slowly became so enchanted with her own image. And that's even truer today. Constant monitor gazing and fiddling with her hair during chats, eleventy billion photos of herself posted every week modeling stuff, even photos of her half eaten meals, ice cream cones already licked, (ick), live chatting while driving, and so on. It's as if she truly believes her fan girls are hungry to share with her every moment she lives on this earth. So wrapped up in a nutshell I guess it's how vain she has become. Maybe she really is a good person, a kind person, a good boss, generous....I dunno. I only know the image she projects on the screen and to me that is "I'm totally and crazily head over heels in love with myself". 

Honored Contributor
Can a person really be iconic?
Super Contributor

Re: LR was so iconic to QVC hai

[ Edited ]

A real fashion icon goes with the flow, updates and changes with the times.   She needs to listen to her hair stylist and try a new hair style.  She needs to cut thinning ends off, try a more modern hairstyle and get rid of the outdated nails.  The fake hair, blend the piece on top, it's so obvious.  The long pieces she wears are like something a country music star would have worn 30 years ago.   Why doesn't she change her look?   Does she wish to stay in the 90's era?  Does she keep it in hopes people will recognize her.   

The favorite (unfavorite) look is when she brings out the leather studded jackets thinking she looks like a real fashionista.   Reminds me of the queen of the local truck stop

Honored Contributor

Re: LR was so iconic to QVC

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

There was a time when I enjoyed her presentations on QVC. But then she slowly became so enchanted with her own image. And that's even truer today. Constant monitor gazing and fiddling with her hair during chats, eleventy billion photos of herself posted every week modeling stuff, even photos of her half eaten meals, ice cream cones already licked, (ick), live chatting while driving, and so on. It's as if she truly believes her fan girls are hungry to share with her every moment she lives on this earth. So wrapped up in a nutshell I guess it's how vain she has become. Maybe she really is a good person, a kind person, a good boss, generous....I dunno. I only know the image she projects on the screen and to me that is "I'm totally and crazily head over heels in love with myself". 

@shaggygirl   I enjoyed Lisa as a QVC host as well.  I thought she was one of the best in the business.  Yes, I thought her location shows were ridiculous in those 80's gowns, but that's what she liked so it didn't bother me from watching or purchasing. 

But then GILI happened.  It all went downhill from there.  She drank the kool-aid, as they say.  She believed her own exaggerated persona and started calling herself a designer and taking credit for everything.  She even called out her "haters" on FB at the beginning of one of her shows, and then proudly sat and crossed her legs like she had happily put people in their place in a public way.  I doubt very much that QVC execs were happy with that.

Unfortunately, that's the Lisa I remember.  A little bitter, and quite deceiving when it suited her.  I empathized with her stalker issues.  Then she was on GMA supposedly with the sole purpose of talking about the horrors of being stalked.  Instead she used that appearance for public relations purposes only, since she never once gave any helpful information for anyone going through the same thing -- not even an 800# or advice on how to seek help.  It was just  "I triumphed because I'm sensational" kind of interview.  That was all, I was done.

I don't think she's neither bad nor good.  But I surely don't think she'd be good for QVC at this stage -- not that I believe that Lisa would ever consider it herself.  She seems to be a very hard worker at her business, and is enjoying life.  I would think both QVC and Lisa are very content with their decisions.

QVC Customer Care
Regular Contributor

Another baiting thread from the OP that seems to have worked.

Trusted Contributor

Re: LR was so iconic to QVC hai

@Sadie45 wrote:

A real fashion icon goes with the flow, updates and changes with the times.   She needs to listen to her hair stylist and try a new hair style.  She needs to cut thinning ends off, try a more modern hairstyle and get rid of the outdated nails.  The fake hair, blend the piece on top, it's so obvious.  The long pieces she wears are like something a country music star would have worn 30 years ago.   Why doesn't she change her look?   Does she wish to stay in the 90's era?  Does she keep it in hopes people will recognize her.   

The favorite (unfavorite) look is when she brings out the leather studded jackets thinking she looks like a real fashionista.   Reminds me of the queen of the local truck stop

People hang on to a look for a few reasons.

It was the happiest time of their life and they do not want to move on.

They do not want to admit that time has passed and they have aged.

Change scares them so they stay in a rut.

Trusted Contributor

@Jannygaz wrote:

Another baiting thread from the OP that seems to have worked.

It's not baiting.

It is one of two things:

The OP loves Lisa and wants to post about their adoration even though they know what will happen.

OR

The OP starts threads knowing what will happen.  In other words, the OP does not love Lisa and wants the truth to be told on here.

Either way, I'll play ball.  The truth does not bother me.

Trusted Contributor

@Graciesmom wrote:

Closing the door now ...  I'm sure there is one more "I'm not jealous" out there somewhere ...  And yes the hen in the henhouse is an old quote ...  but YOU remembered it !!  Don't let the door hit you on your way out ...  

All you have to do is address the claims.

You will not.

All I need to know.