Esteemed Contributor

Re: LR should make a cameo on PM style

@handygal2 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

A lot of posters over the years seem to claim that they know the true story, but I doubt them all.  Corporate departures are often complicated.  

@Johnnyeager: Although we'll never know the true circumstances, it seemed that she departed on good terms.

I watched her last show and I remember her coming on set with a ridiculous floor length red cape on, like she was a queen.  Thankfully she soon took it off.  That cape was beyond stupid.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

A lot of posters over the years seem to claim that they know the true story, but I doubt them all.  Corporate departures are often complicated.  

@Johnnyeager: Although we'll never know the true circumstances, it seemed that she departed on good terms.

What is odd to me is that she has not done cameos actually, esp like when Dan Wheeler retired, the Qs big Birthday.  In the few years after Kathy Levine left she did return to say Hi or GOodbye to someone several times.

Esteemed Contributor

This is why I think there was some mutual agreement and understanding that she would leave.  She wanted to leave, they didn't disagree.  So it wasn't on bad terms or on good terms, just agreed upon terms.

Frequent Contributor

Agree with you .. Pm style is just not good to watch. So I don't . they really need a new person to take over. This person thinks too much .of herself.

Super Contributor

wow you must be a member of her TRIBE as she calls it- to me it seems more like a self indulgent way to travel so she has people buy stuff so she can travel- I have bought a few of her christmas items but the rest is so junky looking and very overpriced- it is all her taste and not of the masses- so no she shouldn't make an appearance on QVC cause i also think she burned a lot of bridges- I like Shawn as odd as she is sometimes she doesn't try to impress or think that she is red carpet worthy as Lisa did- well have fun on her cruise cause i am sure you are going

Respected Contributor

I thought she left on her own. It was her personal decision

Super Contributor

I think it was her own decision. I often thought that after Joan Rivers passing she felt the need to change. She was very close to Joan in her own way. To be honest she had the same sentiment for Jean and for the man who represted Kennth Jay Lane jewelry. Things like that will make you think about what you want out of life and she had been at QVC for twenty years, She did help with the GILI line. Shawn is a nice host but somethings she says make me wonder why she went there.

Trusted Contributor

No, she shouldn't.  She definitely shouldn't.

Super Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

I so so agree with you 100%.  Lisa WAS. PM Style!  Now it's a big substitution

Super Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

That is too funny because she is still so bitter about being let go that she won't even let the initials QVC pass her lips. She refers to it as "the place I used to work". So no chance she's going to grace the set with her presence.

Does anyone really know the circumstances of her departure?  Did she quit or was her contract not renewed?  Maybe she was making more demands that QVC was not willing to meet.  Maybe there was a personality conflict with a boss.  Who knows?

Lisa has actually given an interview about her departure.  I don't remember who it was with, but I believe it was a podcast.  She does say "QVC", and says she felt it was time to move on after so long.  She talks about all she learned doing the G.I.L.I. line, and the hours she put into her work.  She was very forthcoming.  Thought I would share due to all the conflicting information being posted.