Contributor

LR referring to her followers as "Tribe"? Cult or tribe?

I was wondering how others feel about that. Just my opinion, it sounds very much like a cult or a bunch of people blindly following someone which is always concerning. I noticed on Facebook no one can say anything even as a constructive suggestion or an observation about LR. You must worship her unconditionally or else. The "tribe" attacks right away. No one is absolutely perfect. Very confusing.
Honored Contributor

Re: LR referring to her followers as "Tribe"? Cult or tribe?

@Ramineh wrote:
I was wondering how others feel about that. Just my opinion, it sounds very much like a cult or a bunch of people blindly following someone which is always concerning. I noticed on Facebook no one can say anything even as a constructive suggestion or an observation about LR. You must worship her unconditionally or else. The "tribe" attacks right away. No one is absolutely perfect. Very confusing.

I have not been to her FB page in so long.  I have NO idea what is going on.  I am not part of her "tribe'.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Just sounds stupid to me, like her whole set up.

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa Robertson was the ultimate professional on QVC and earned the company huge, huge sums of money. She left on a high note and is missed by her many followers. Her "tribe" as you call it, are simply adorning fans. Lisa could sell anything with knowledge. That lady had class and style; she was intelligent, beautiful and had integrity in her littlest finger. NO, nothing like a cult or tribe. Lisa was a very personal person. She was hounded by a stalker who made her life miserable for years and kept her a prisoner in her own home and at QVC for her protection. After the terror ended, she was interviewed on one of the morning shows. Her strength and determination to remain professional on air throughout the ordeal proved she was the ideal professional. Her customers did not know. Give the lady an award for keeping her lovely smile, selling products and living a nightmare for QVC. She's a strong woman in so many ways. Much to admire about Lisa Robertson and wish her the best life has to offer in whatever endeavers she is choosing.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

It's just current slang used by numerous sources. Once it's written on enough office coffee mugs, the hip among us will find the term passé.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ramineh   I can't really respond to this until I hear JOHNNYSBRO's take on the matter.......................Woman LOL

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

For those able to take take Lisa, pro or con, out of the equation... "Tribe" is a commonly used term in Social Media... She did not invent it and does not have the exclusive use of the term... Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on one's point of view) this appears to be one effort to slam Lisa that sort of falls flat... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribe_(Internet)

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

If you go to a lot of QVC hosts pages, they have adoring  fan girls who swarm if anyone says anything less than worshipful about said host.  Anyone who uses social media knows that everyone isn't going to love you, but their adoring minions really baffle me. I check in sometimes for a good laugh.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if Lisa has ever referred to her fans as her "tribe" at least in public.  unless someone can point to a public remark she made referring to,her fans as her "tribe" it is not fair to say that she refers to her followers using this phrase.