Honored Contributor

Re: LR items not selling out like they have been

[ Edited ]

@Jackaranda wrote:

It's heated over at "the tribe" on FB. Seems some love her stuff and others can't get it to last longer than two months. Nancy wants people to send pictures of faulty items. 

I'm waiting for some official announcement that Lisa says it's the buyer's fault for not caring for the jewelry properly, even when buyers describe that they have been caring for it properly. Because...SUCH high-end best-of-the-best factories in (OMG!) Italy are making these special pieces! And apparently shorting Lisa on the plating depth or process.

I think she's hopefully learned a lesson - the Italian jewelry mfg are not her special friends. They're just as happy to rip her off as anyone else. And Lisa's customers have also learned - her "bronzo" pieces are not especially high quality, high end. Oops.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

It's heated over at "the tribe" on FB. Seems some love her stuff and others can't get it to last longer than two months. Nancy wants people to send pictures of faulty items. 

I'm waiting for some official announcement that Lisa says it's the buyer's fault for not caring for the jewelry properly, even when buyers describe that they have been caring for it properly. Because...SUCH high-end best-of-the-best factories in (OMG!) Italy are making these special pieces! And apparently shorting Lisa on the plating depth or process.

I think she's hopefully learned a lesson - the Italian jewelry mfg are not her special friends. They're just as happy to rip her off as anyone else. And Lisa's customers have also learned - her "bronzo" pieces are not especially high quality, high end. Oops.

That is going on. Other tribe members are accusing others of not taking care of their jewelry and then they pushback with why should they have to baby it. The plating depth and /or how many coats is also a big discussion. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I would have nothing to do with her.  If the jewelry is expensive and turning green you need to move on.  Return that junk and buy from some one reputable.  I for one am not here to make LR rich.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Costume jewelry is costume jewelry no matter who makes it.  I am ultra sensitive to anything that has a base metal no matter how thick the coating is.... I will dull it and wear it off and in a matter of weeks will have the piece looking awful.  And I take very good care of my jewelry.

However, there ARE manufacturers that do make good, solid costume jewelry, and one of them used to be Joan Rivers.  Her older pieces held up for a long time before wearing, they really did.  I still own one, but wear it under my collar, never next to my neck.  One that didn't wear well was Kirk's Folly.  Thought I could get away with the Peter Pan watch and not only did I lose all the charms off it, it turned dull and dark and turned my wrist dark from wear.

It seems that many sellers turn to manufacturers that will give them the best monetary deal, and often scimping on the necessary layering in order to pad the seller's profits.  But when someone is asking far more than they should for a mediocre item to begin with.... I can understand the anger from those who purchased it.  They thought they were getting very high quality.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

@Nancy Drew & @Moonchilde, those talks are quite heated on the tribe page. Lisa's jewelry is costing those people big bucks and to have it turn color just under 3 months time?? Something is definitely not right there. This is going to backfire on Lisa because people are not going to put up with it for very long. It's already happening as we speak. 

I'm waiting for the next chat Lisa to discuss some tribe members are not storing their jewelry properly and then she turns around and sells an expensive jewelry roll. The entertainment keeps getting better & better. Smiley Very Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@Nancy Drew & @Moonchilde, those talks are quite heated on the tribe page. Lisa's jewelry is costing those people big bucks and to have it turn color just under 3 months time?? Something is definitely not right there. This is going to backfire on Lisa because people are not going to put up with it for very long. It's already happening as we speak. 

I'm waiting for the next chat Lisa to discuss some tribe members are not storing their jewelry properly and then she turns around and sells an expensive jewelry roll. The entertainment keeps getting better & better. Smiley Very Happy 

Yes, a this point I am just sitting back watching it all.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

LOL about the expensive jewelry roll - I'll bet you're right!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

LOL about the expensive jewelry roll - I'll bet you're right!

@Moonchilde, it'll work in her favor and be perfect opportunity for her to slip that in there. 

Respected Contributor

She blames the Tribe for everything.   Lol

She really is a poor example of a business person 

Valued Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

She blames the Tribe for everything.   Lol

She really is a poor example of a business person 

@Bri36, YES she does! I've noticed that too. That's not a way to grow your business that's for sure.