Honored Contributor

Re: LR items not selling out like they have been

@Q4u wrote:

I've known since I was a teen that my skin will have a nasty reaction to base metals (all of them, except surgical steel).... and I'll get an itchy rash as well as turning the item green and wearing off the surface (even lavishly applied 14k or 18k, doesn't matter).  So it's a waste of money for me to buy anything along those lines.  

I hope this was disclosed by LR prior to offering her jewelry.  People need to know and some people have no reaction at all to jewelry made in this way.... but even so, the surface metal will eventually wear, how could it not?

Oh yes, it's clear that the pieces are clad bronze or brass, so people know. But the prices are high for "bronzo" and buyers assumed that properly stored & cared for jewelry would last longer than 3-4 months before the plating started to come off.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Maybe the group is running out of money or has too many pieces.You can only use do much stuff.I hate having excess of anything at this point.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iTalia wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

If what she's selling is sterling silver, tarnish is normal unless the piece is kept under anti-tarnish conditions.  All the owner needs to do is give it a quick wipe with a silver polishing cloth and it will be good as new. 

@Kachina624, most all of Lisa's jewelry people are complaining about has a base metal of either bronze or brass, the two most no nothing types of metals that are out there. It's really no surprise these items are tarnishing so quickly. I just feel bad for the people who have bought so much of it because the prices for what she's charging is pretty steep. There really is not much one can do to bring it back to its original look without some work. Nonetheless, the plating should be lasting longer than 3 months worth.  

@iTalia  They could have been stored a long time before being sold.  Buyers have no way of knowing how "fresh" the merchandise is.  I would never buy silver plated anything.  Cheap.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I think several things are going on. One is she has a base but how does she get growth? People stumble on QVC on tv. How does she get new customers? Eventually the base has bought enough. You can't love and/or buy everything. Another thing is she doesn't get that people spend their hard earned money and want respect. That means returning items is allowed and even encouraged if they need to be. She is snarky to anyone who even nicely mentions this. On another note she can be testy. Today she wrote "on this summer night" Joking I wrote "still spring" She deleted that comment. Odd.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Occasional Contributor

Where is the Tribe Talk page?  I have purchased a bracelet from LR and it broke way too soon.  I would like to hear what other people are saying.  

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia Where can I find the Tribe talk page that you referred to? I'd like to read it before I place another order.I have one of her necklaces & haven't had any problems with it. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Oh you are right -  that is so true of the multi nic posters. And the same one's that constantly post 'hate on Lisa' comments & threads. Eventually, it's easy to see them and the true intent.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri