Valued Contributor

LR items not selling out like they have been

Noticed Lisa's items are not selling like they have been when she first started. 

The reason for this very well may be because there have been several complaints from tribe members saying their jewelry is not lasting. It's turning colors and tarnishing all within a couple of months. Specifically there was a lot of talk about this yesterday on the Tribe Talk page and people are quite angry. If I spent the high prices Lisa is charging, I wouldn't be happy either. Some of those ladies have spent a ton on her jewelry only to have it now turn colors after the 30 day window. It's very disheartening. 

All this combined with Lisa is now charging a lot to return something to her if you use her label. And if you ship back on your own you will be charged a restocking fee. None of this is even stated on her website. Was just said during a chat. Not happy campers over there these days. Buyer beware. 

Honored Contributor

Re: LR items not selling out like they have been

Just anything you can do to shed a little shade on someone, find a way to do it.

Valued Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Just anything you can do to shed a little shade on someone, find a way to do it.

No shade here. I know I'd want to know the raw truth about something if I'm going to be a potential buyer and spending my money. 

Trusted Contributor

Could be the novelty just wore off. It happens

Valued Contributor

Maybe she is bringing in more inventory now.   You were pretty disturbed about the sell outs before. 

libby's folly
Esteemed Contributor

WOW you really are obsessed!

Have you seen the movie Prestige?  You might relate.

Honored Contributor

If what she's selling is sterling silver, tarnish is normal unless the piece is kept under anti-tarnish conditions.  All the owner needs to do is give it a quick wipe with a silver polishing cloth and it will be good as new. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If what she's selling is sterling silver, tarnish is normal unless the piece is kept under anti-tarnish conditions.  All the owner needs to do is give it a quick wipe with a silver polishing cloth and it will be good as new. 

@Kachina624, most all of Lisa's jewelry people are complaining about has a base metal of either bronze or brass, the two most no nothing types of metals that are out there. It's really no surprise these items are tarnishing so quickly. I just feel bad for the people who have bought so much of it because the prices for what she's charging is pretty steep. There really is not much one can do to bring it back to its original look without some work. Nonetheless, the plating should be lasting longer than 3 months worth.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've known since I was a teen that my skin will have a nasty reaction to base metals (all of them, except surgical steel).... and I'll get an itchy rash as well as turning the item green and wearing off the surface (even lavishly applied 14k or 18k, doesn't matter).  So it's a waste of money for me to buy anything along those lines.  

I hope this was disclosed by LR prior to offering her jewelry.  People need to know and some people have no reaction at all to jewelry made in this way.... but even so, the surface metal will eventually wear, how could it not?

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

....the only clad jewelry I've ever been able to wear has been the QVC product that is sterling silver with a platinum surface.  I have a couple of rings I've had for years and years and they still look new.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*