Esteemed Contributor

Re: LR has the most gorgeous home

[ Edited ]

We all have a different aesthetic (and it is a good thing or we would decorate like clones) but I, too, find Lisa's home a bit sterile--as if it is her proud possession, to be seen not to be lived in.  Alberti, on the other hand, has a home that to some probably isn't as grandiose, but is much more "me".  I find it warm and inviting and a place where I would love to  curl up on the sofa with a glass of wine and good company. 

ETA:  I wonder if Lisa even allows wine in her livingroom!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

We all have a different aesthetic (and it is a good thing or we would decorate like clones) but I, too, find Lisa's home a bit sterile--as if it is her proud possession, to be seen not to be lived in.  Alberti, on the other hand, has a home that to some probably isn't as grandiose, but is much more "me".  I find it warm and inviting and a place where I would love to  curl up on the sofa with a glass of wine and good company. 

So the frustrated decorator in me just has to comment... I just can't fathom having nothing at my windows. Even if I had the most beautiful view in the world and complete and utter privacy, Nine times out of ten, I just think completley bare windows look unfinished.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

For someone who has been stalked in the past, I find it disturbing that she's sharing every inch of her home with the world - not so bright. 

And I don't think the two have a thing in the world to do with each other... All of the home decor magazines include interiors of the famous and semi-famous, and I'd imagine some of them too have been stalked. Moreover, the pictures featured are of the inside of her house. There's nothing there to denote a street address, though one assumes that if someone really wants to find out they will, irrespective of pictures of her Christmas decor.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

So the frustrated decorator in me just has to comment... First, I can't fathom having nothing at my windows. Even if I had the most beautiful view in the world and complete and utter privacy, Nine times out of ten, I just think completley bare windows look unfinished.

@stevieb

Oh oh, I went for years without window treatments in my livingroom, but the room was only used when we had company.  Now I truly live in my livingroom (disclaimer: meals are even eaten there and often dinner in pj's); hence the window treatments! 

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

So the frustrated decorator in me just has to comment... First, I can't fathom having nothing at my windows. Even if I had the most beautiful view in the world and complete and utter privacy, Nine times out of ten, I just think completley bare windows look unfinished.

@stevieb

Oh oh, I went for years without window treatments in my livingroom, but the room was only used when we had company.  Now I truly live in my livingroom (disclaimer: meals are even eaten there and often dinner in pj's); hence the window treatments! 

@magicmoodz

I have only blinds...  The valences are here and one day I'll get around to hanging them...

Woman Wink

And there are some rooms that look great with windows undressed, but it seems to work better with a decorating style other than the one she seems to be going for. Such large windows too, it just looks so stark to me...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb

@magicmoodz

I have only blinds...  The valences are here and one day I'll get around to hanging them...

Woman Wink

And there are some rooms that look great with windows undressed, but it seems to work better with a decorating style other than the one she seems to be going for. Such large windows too, it just looks so stark to me...

@stevieb

I actually like the clean, geometric lines of unadorned blinds or plantation shutters!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb

@magicmoodz

Woman Wink

@stevieb

I actually like the clean, geometric lines of unadorned blinds or plantation shutters!  

@magicmoodz... I love and wanted plantation shutters, but they weren't in the budget. Given the size of my windows, I had to opt for custom blinds and I like them a lot. Was able to pick the color and the color of the fabric binding, so they really do look a bit more 'dressed up' than I'd expected. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

For someone who has been stalked in the past, I find it disturbing that she's sharing every inch of her home with the world - not so bright. 

Right? 

Esteemed Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I too love what I have seen in Alberti's home....simple elegance, not gaudy....very warm.  I would love to see him do a home show. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@stevieb

@magicmoodz

Woman Wink

@stevieb

@magicmoodz... I love and wanted plantation shutters, but they weren't in the budget. Given the size of my windows, I had to opt for custom blinds and I like them a lot. Was able to pick the color and the color of the fabric binding, so they really do look a bit more 'dressed up' than I'd expected. 

@stevieb

Isn't it great when we get our decorating choices just right?!?  I often know what I like, but at the same time can be unsure if I am making the BEST choice and can get in my own way about moving forward with a decorating project.