Respected Contributor

Re: LR has the most gorgeous home

I am amazed by all her decorations. I watched her you tube demo on how she does her white flocked tree. I had no idea about adding branches on top of the existing branches. She showed some interesting techniques.

I enjoy seeing how others decorate. She does have a beautiful home, but nothing ostentatious in my view. I don't care for the uncovered windows for myself. They look nice, but I would feel so exposed at night with the lights on.

For those who wonder, she does do work for the Wounded Warriors project and I thought a local woman's shelter. She is low key about her charity work and is always appropriate. God knows if she talked about that, she would be accused of using charities to make herself look good. Lol. Those who don't like her will never attribute anything positive to her or her actions.
Super Contributor

I watched the videos, and Lisa spent a lot of time and effort in decorating.  The only thing I didn't care for is when she said you cannot wear shoes in her house.  To me, that does not make a house a home.  But, as long as she's happy, that's all that matters.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd love to see some pictures if someone wouldn't mind posting a few. 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

We all have a different aesthetic (and it is a good thing or we would decorate like clones) but I, too, find Lisa's home a bit sterile--as if it is her proud possession, to be seen not to be lived in.  Alberti, on the other hand, has a home that to some probably isn't as grandiose, but is much more "me".  I find it warm and inviting and a place where I would love to  curl up on the sofa with a glass of wine and good company. 

ETA:  I wonder if Lisa even allows wine in her livingroom!  

If she does, you better not spill any because your socks will get wet.....she mentioned many times she does not allow people to wear shoes in her lavish house......adding to the "bit sterile."

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

We all have a different aesthetic (and it is a good thing or we would decorate like clones) but I, too, find Lisa's home a bit sterile--as if it is her proud possession, to be seen not to be lived in.  Alberti, on the other hand, has a home that to some probably isn't as grandiose, but is much more "me".  I find it warm and inviting and a place where I would love to  curl up on the sofa with a glass of wine and good company. 

ETA:  I wonder if Lisa even allows wine in her livingroom!  

If she does, you better not spill any because your socks will get wet.....she mentioned many times she does not allow people to wear shoes in her lavish house......adding to the "bit sterile."

There's just something wrong about a room full of grown adults walking around in their slippers.......

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I'd love to see some pictures if someone wouldn't mind posting a few. 

@MacDUFF Most of the pictures are just vignettes of trees, mantles and so on. The rooms themselves show up in videos she's posted on You Tube of her holiday home.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

Thanks for the post...it reminded me that I could view her public page.  Viewed the 13 min video and I have to agree with those who saw her home as a bit sterile, especially the bedroom.  None of the rooms looked very warm or cozy IMO.  The decorations (vignettes) were creative and beautiful, but rather showy for my tastes...almost what you'd find in the lobby of a 5 star hotel. 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

I wonder when Christmas became more for the adults than the children.  

Trusted Contributor

There's a big difference between a house and a home -

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@stevieb

Thanks for the post...it reminded me that I could view her public page.  Viewed the 13 min video and I have to agree with those who saw her home as a bit sterile, especially the bedroom.  None of the rooms looked very warm or cozy IMO.  The decorations (vignettes) were creative and beautiful, but rather showy for my tastes...almost what you'd find in the lobby of a 5 star hotel. 

@MacDUFF

Glad you found it.

It's very pretty, and I like the look of the Christmas decorations she pulled together, but it IS very 'decorator' looking. I'm also not a big fan of the many faux poinsettias massed just about everywhere. A beautiful overall look, but very 'staged'. Agree, the house, despite lovely rooms and some lovely pieces, doesn't connote a comfortable, warm or lived-in look to me. It's not mutually exclusive to have a very elegant home that also comes across as warm and comfortable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...