Honored Contributor

Re: LR has the most gorgeous home

Well, Ok, I guess that since I have no children or "happy little faces" around, I will have a sad Christmas. Not everyone has children or a husband, but can still be happy. Merry Christmas everyone.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Brag, brag, brag.  There's more to life than bragging.

My thought, exactly......wonder if she does any charitable work in-between decorating her lavish home and posting travel pictures......just tired of how people continue to idolize her.....

I know... Right... Almost as tedious as those who continue to disparage her...

Last time I looked, we all sort of get to make our own choices about how we spend our time...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Well, Ok, I guess that since I have no children or "happy little faces" around, I will have a sad Christmas. Not everyone has children or a husband, but can still be happy. Merry Christmas everyone.

I am with you. I'm single and happily child free, but I really enjoy Christmas!  I know I won't have a "sad" Christmas.  It's my favorite holiday.

People should be able to enjoy  their Christmas any which way they like!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lisa's decoration, which she apparently does herself as there is a video available showing how she did every room, is certainly glamorous and she certainly has a nice home. I like Lisa, enjoyed her and miss her on QVC, so I say this not at all to be snarky, but her home, while containing some lovely elements, seems a little sterile to me. Many people travel to be with family for Christmas, so I cant see anyone questioning her choice to do that. I do, though, wonder why she knocks herself out to do all the decorating when she seems to be so rarely at home...  Her choice, I suppose.

Esteemed Contributor

I imagine she does it because it's sort of expected from her, at this point. She knows her Q fans will be checking in to see her decorations.

Honored Contributor

Lisa has a very beautiful home from what she has showed.  A lot of people have very beautiful homes. 

I don't agree that she is bragging.  There is nothing wrong with being proud of what you have and what you've accomplished.  Is it considered bragging because what she has is nicer than what you (generic term) have?  Would you feel okay about her posting these photos if her home wasn't so nice?    

There are posters on this board who post photos of their decorations.  Do you also consider that bragging? 

MBR just did a blog with photos about her holiday decor that Valerie Parr Hill came and did for her.  Was it okay for MBR to do it.  Her home is phenomenal.    

Lisa's decorating personally isn't my style at all.  There is too much of it, it's too perfect and showy and I don't find anything homey or welcoming about it.  But she loves it, is proud of it and enjoys doing it and there is nothing wrong with that.

My sister isn't married, doesn't have any children and lives alone and she still decorates her house from top to bottom and until last year, did a large, live tree.  I find nothing wrong with wanting your home to be decorated for yourself to enjoy.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch about her home.  But judging from the sets on the Q this year... LR's exquisite taste is missing and is desperately needed.  Why can't they get a clue?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I've been going to Lisa's FB page since she left QVC.  Before that, I'd never even thought to go to her QVC FB.  I'm not on FB and don't vist any other page there.

I've seen all of Lisa's Christmas decorating videos and am amazed that she does so much.  She's said that she'll have a line of Christmas decorations in the future, so this might not just be a personal project but laying the groundwork for ner new business as well.

I disagree that Lisa has "no family."  She obviously has a very loving family with her sisters, her father, and her nieces and nephews.  Further, she has a huge number of friends.  Perhaps those who think she's all alone don't visit her page.  I hope she's either still with Eric or has found another special guy.  It made me happy to see her and Eric together when I visited her page.  She deserves all the happiness the world has to offer.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Lisa has a very beautiful home from what she has showed.  A lot of people have very beautiful homes. 

I don't agree that she is bragging.  There is nothing wrong with being proud of what you have and what you've accomplished.  Is it considered bragging because what she has is nicer than what you (generic term) have?  Would you feel okay about her posting these photos if her home wasn't so nice?    

There are posters on this board who post photos of their decorations.  Do you also consider that bragging? 

MBR just did a blog with photos about her holiday decor that Valerie Parr Hill came and did for her.  Was it okay for MBR to do it.  Her home is phenomenal.    

Lisa's decorating personally isn't my style at all.  There is too much of it, it's too perfect and showy and I don't find anything homey or welcoming about it.  But she loves it, is proud of it and enjoys doing it and there is nothing wrong with that.

My sister isn't married, doesn't have any children and lives alone and she still decorates her house from top to bottom and until last year, did a large, live tree.  I find nothing wrong with wanting your home to be decorated for yourself to enjoy.  

Well said @Lipstickdiva... and a Merry Christmas to you.

Honored Contributor

IMHO I wonder if Lisa's favorite holiday is Christmas (as is with many of us) and her tastes in decorating may be over the top for some and not others.  I think all Christmas trees are beautiful. I have a friend who works for a grocery store and the store carries trees from a tree farm.  When a certain date rolls around he calls the churches and whomever can't afford a tree is gifted one. Some of the people have some lights or a few ornaments while others string popcorn or cranberries,  Some go to the Dollar Tree and buy whatever they can afford. The best part is to see the smiles on the children's faces and the parent or parents are grateful. This is why I think all Christmas trees are beautiful, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Wishing all of you a blessed Christmas!!!