Super Contributor

Re: LR has a gorgeous kitchen

She has an amazing kitchen to cook roasted cauliflower, mom's casserole, banana bread and dump cakes.  That is the extent of her cooking.  Oh well, she is good at puzzles.

Super Contributor

I liked LR as a host, but honestly I don't get her appeal otherewise.  There is something lonely and cold about her, especially since she has never been married or had kids and doesn't seem to have much going on with family. A giant mansion and kitchen feels pointless.

Esteemed Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

I liked LR as a host, but honestly I don't get her appeal otherewise.  There is something lonely and cold about her, especially since she has never been married or had kids and doesn't seem to have much going on with family. A giant mansion and kitchen feels pointless.

I liked her as a host in the beginning, but toward the end of her Q career I seldom watched her.  I didn't even realize she was leaving QVC until after she was already gone. 

It does seem odd to purchase a home that size if she's living alone, but I get the impression she has a few people around so it's not like she's always alone.  In her other house, it seemed Katie and Nancy were often there (based on her posts).  Maybe now that she has more space she'll be entertaining more.

Respected Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

This is BS.  It's the cook and what comes out of the kitchen that matters.  I look back at my beloved grand-meres who had what would be called shabby kitchens and goodness gracious....the love and deliciousness that came out of those kitchens.  Those were  real kitchen kitchens...whatever that means.  

Not when you're using your kitchen as a video backdrop to sell things. When you're kitchen is your film studio, how it looks matters most.

Regular Contributor

I just looked at Lisa's FB page for the first time ever.  Her stuff is very dated, especially the flowers and the nic knacks - looks like items we used to get from home interior parties at each others houses.  That said, I guess if she's selling good for her.  Not really my taste, as it seems her taste has not evolved at all since the late 90's early 2000's.  I would think she'd be jumping on the mid century band wagon but it does not appear so.  Not crazy about the clothes she's selling but since they are selling I guess someone is buying.  Happy Easter and Happy Passover.

Respected Contributor

Beansie, are you saying that Lisa is good at puzzles?

Or just good at putting a puzzle box (unopened) on a card table?

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever. That’s a very opinionated statement. We all have different tastes. I have never liked dark wood cabinets myself.
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@busymom22 wrote:

I liked her as a host in the beginning, but toward the end of her Q career I seldom watched her.  I didn't even realize she was leaving QVC until after she was already gone. 

It does seem odd to purchase a home that size if she's living alone, but I get the impression she has a few people around so it's not like she's always alone.  In her other house, it seemed Katie and Nancy were often there (based on her posts).  Maybe now that she has more space she'll be entertaining more.

@wildcat fan   She purchased the huge place for her business. Paying for a distribution place she said was too expensive and running it out of her old home wasn't working.

At the new house there is plenty of room for all merchandise storage and whatever else is involved in storing and mailing out the stuff.

This is what I have gathered from reading about it.

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

Not everyone has to get married and have kids.  Nothing wrong with remaining single and childless.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@busymom22 wrote:

Not everyone has to get married and have kids.  Nothing wrong with remaining single and childless.

I agree.  I just always found LR to be odd in that she works so hard to appear younger and to live elaborately yet never seemed to be in any signfiicant relationships whether with a long-term partner or family. She used to post house tours where she'd spend many hours decorating her house for Christmas.  It was very beautiful but I'd think who is she sharing that with?  There was just something oddly empty about her which made me surprised she chose to do her own lifestyle brand. But it works so good for her.