Respected Contributor

Re: LR has a gorgeous kitchen

@maximillian wrote:

@Reever 

You have the correct idea in general, but let me tell you, a kitchen make-over is now closer to $100,000.  In many homes it is a showplace, but the adults in the house generally do not do much cooking!  I have friends in the real estate business and kitchen make-over business, so I get the general narrative from them.

Ridiculous !   My cabinets are the original from the 1960s.  Had them re-surfaced in tjhe 80s but are solid OAK not the junk they sell today.  Formica countertop.  Functional, clean and easy to maintain.  Finally replaced my stove from the 1960s: lasted 50 years.  People today fall for fads and makeovers. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

The ktichen is beautiful, but it's dated with the dark cabinets. 

Dark cabinets are not dated.  Black and a dark cabinets are in for 2020. I visited a home show and I can tell you I saw many dark cabinets.  White, two toned and gray cabinets are falling out of favor.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

This is BS.  It's the cook and what comes out of the kitchen that matters.  I look back at my beloved grand-meres who had what would be called shabby kitchens and goodness gracious....the love and deliciousness that came out of those kitchens.  Those were  real kitchen kitchens...whatever that means.  

Lisa probably has a kitchen that costs $50,000 and wouldnt know how to make something from scratch. A lot of today's women are like this.  The art of "cooking" is disappearing yet they demand stainless steel features, quartz counters etc. I watch the home shows on HGTV and the couples will disparage the kitchen saying it needs to be gutted.  No wonder everyone is in debt these days.

@Reever   I think Lisa does know how to cook from scratch.  Back when she was on air and during the Christmas shows and the time QVC is closed for Christmas day, she did many cooking shows, cooking her own recipes.  In fact I saved some of  them and have used them... 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

Dark cabinets are not dated.  Black and a dark cabinets are in for 2020. I visited a home show and I can tell you I saw many dark cabinets.  White, two toned and gray cabinets are falling out of favor.

@Carmie I agree I love black, but the dark wood in her kitchen is dated. 

Valued Contributor

5E18DFEC-F46C-4BE2-8DCE-556D73728800.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Reconnaissant 

It looks like se is watching TV.  Maybe she's watching "In the Kitchen with David!"  

Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@Reconnaissant 

It looks like se is watching TV.  Maybe she's watching "In the Kitchen with David!"  

She's probably looking at herself on a monitor like she always did while selling on the Q.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Carmie I agree I love black, but the dark wood in her kitchen is dated. 

My cabinets are wood. In my opinion, woods/stone and natural materials never go out of "style". Only fools chase the latest fads. Ive had original OAK cabinets since the 1960s. Would not trade them for the world.  Solid construction. Ive swapped out the hardware a couple of times but the original DARK WOOD is timeless.

Respected Contributor

@Rowan 

LOL!  I like your idea better than mine!

Respected Contributor

@Katieb 

Girls just wanna have fun!

Lighten up!  It's life in a Pandemic!