Honored Contributor

Re: LR donating a 100 percent of her net sales to Houston.

I wonder if this includes any of her recent items or just older stock? 

I am glad when anyone donates. I recall she did this for a breast cancer charity as well, I don't recall the amount donated. But it all adds up.

Honored Contributor

@LiveLaughLove wrote:

It is nice, but only for certain items that have been on the site for quite a while.  Not everything on the site.

@LiveLaughLove I was surprised by that, it was older stuff, either didn't sell out or returns (really limited size/colors in a bracelet). 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Oh, for an entire week-end, she'll donate her NET proceeds from what, maybe 50 items sold???

That's a joke, IMO.

How much are  you donating?

@sunshine 919

None of your business.

My donation were made directly to the Red Cross and Humane Society of Houston.

But since you had the audacity to ask.....how 'bout YOU?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

And we know she's doing this just because Lisa said so?? I don't believe anything she says because at the end of the day Lisa is all about herself and what SHE can gain to make a buck!  With Lisa nothing is ever done humbly she always has to make a big showing about it so she comes across like the hero.  Her merchandise hasn't been selling well lately so she's doing this to get it to move. It's a win-win for HER. Sorry but donating net proceeds doesn't impress me much. 

Honored Contributor

It's not the total amount IMO that people give, it's the actual amount that is going to the hurricane.  Example how much is the RC actually giving to the hurricane disaster from the total amount given?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes she did do this before and after promising to post just exactly how much the charity wound up receiving once she got the figures together........nada. To this day, nada. Same thing quite some time ago when she did something similar after a volcano in Italy...no final numbers ever given. Is it a good thing she's doing, probably, but it's only right to let those who bought her merchandise to fund whatever the charity the $$$ donated.

Trusted Contributor

I beleive 'donating', or as I prefer 'giving back', should not be considered amazing or incredible, but more a responsibilty, and not to be glorified. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I think it's a good thing.  Thank you, LR, and thank everyone for your donations, no matter how large or small. Heart  Wishing all flood victims, pets, and animals the very best of help and good luck.  Keep safe everyone, including rescue people.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...