Super Contributor

Re: LR doing a meet and greet Tea on November 13

My "friends' don't charge me to meet and greet them...and they give me tea for free...just sayin

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure why people want to meet and greet a retired tv saleswoman, but I know that is just my opinion. If you like her--I enjoyed watching her years ago myself--then enjoy the tea And tell us all about it! 

Honored Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
I wonder if the Mad Hatter will be in attendance

You can be be assured of it, in one form or another.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I'm not sure why people want to meet and greet a retired tv saleswoman, but I know that is just my opinion. If you like her--I enjoyed watching her years ago myself--then enjoy the tea And tell us all about it! 

Why would you want someone to tell you about it if you question why others would want to meet her???

Esteemed Contributor

@Wackers3 wrote:

Why charge $35 for a Meet and Greet set up just to talk about her plans?  Sounds more like a way to raise some cash.  Usually when an "entepreneur" has any kind of "meet and greet" or open house, they are free to potential clients as a promotional venture.

What is someone paying for?  $35 is a lot for a cup or two of tea, just my take.

I am sure there will be scones and little tea sandwiches.  Who knows maybe they are even throwing in a autographed picture.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems narcissistic to me. Why would anyone want to pay that to see a salesperson?  Seinfeld tix aren't much more and he is hilarious AND has talent.  He's also beyond famous, well past the reach of shopping viewers.  

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Why would you want someone to tell you about it if you question why others would want to meet her???

Hi! Why not be open to having attendees tell us about the event? Just because I'm not going doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy hearing about it. And maybe I will learn something about why others want to meet her! Isn't this a sharing forum? If we are all "friends" we can share our experiences. Similarly, I'm not a mom and never wanted to be one, but I enjoy and learn from some posts in the mom section. I hate football, but I enjoy hearing about a game from my husband. Same thing. 

Occasional Contributor

I'm surprised that so many people can be so vicious. I loved LR on QVC and watched her faithfully every Monday night for PMS. I have followed her on Facebook and am so glad at what she has accomplished. I for one am so glad she is doing a meet and greet and since it's in my hometown, I'm going! Already bought my two tickets a month ago when the schedule came out to members of the State Theatre, before they were available to the public. I can't wait to meet Lisa in person!

Respected Contributor

She clearly has to pay for the rental of the theater and the tea.  This is why she is charging $35.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

She clearly has to pay for the rental of the theater and the tea.  This is why she is charging $35.

No, nothing clear about it.  I read something a while ago when this was first announced - isn't it a fundraiser for the theater?