Esteemed Contributor

Re: LR celebrates three years in business

@SXMGirl wrote:

No matter what you think of LR, and I just do not understand the haters, I applaud anyone who can start a business and remain in business.  Retail is not easy, especially when doing it out of your home.  IMO, women should support women, if only to cheer them on.  I read recently that people think nothing of spending outrageous sums of money on movies, ball games, and things like that.  But, when an individual decides to start a business, people don't support them and become very critical, predicting that they will not succeed.  I think that it is sad that we do not support the lone entrepreneur.

She lost me as a supporter when:

A. She refused to tell her buyers how much of their $$ she actually donated to a charity she had a sale specifically to give a percentage of their spendings to after promising she would tell them once the sale was over and the money tallied up. And then banned me from her page for questioning her about it.

B. She started doing live chats while cruising along in her car and spending most of that time checking herself out in her dashboard mounted phone monitor while driving & talking.

There are a couple of other reasons but those two top my list.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Lisa shaved off about 20 pounds in her photo compared to Kathy's.  LOL

LOL 20 lbs at least!  It's sad because the original picture is very nice - all 3 women look great.  There is no need to photoshop beyond all recognition. 

LR looks like an emojie of herself in every photo she posts.

Honored Contributor

Oh I support those who can make it in business but I was taught many years ago, to be yourself... no one is impressed by being fake and someone you aren't... those are my beliefs and they've worked for me for alot of years.

LR isn't the only woman to be successful- there are many avenues in this old life and lots of stilleto heels to follow in- my choice of shoes are sneakers and I may not be in debt up to my hair extensions (LOL) but lots of us live a very nice, quiet non bragging lifestyle........ with that said, enough said...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I've never heard of her business....except that she sells jewelry on FB.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Lisa shaved off about 20 pounds in her photo compared to Kathy's.  LOL

LOL 20 lbs at least!  It's sad because the original picture is very nice - all 3 women look great.  There is no need to photoshop beyond all recognition. 

LR looks like an emojie of herself in every photo she posts.

@Mj12 I agree. 

She looks distorted. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dang, Lisa just about broke her arm at the elbow squeezing herself skinny and Kathy's face as well as her own are skewed. One day she'll filter herself to the point of nonrecognition and then we won't know for sure if she's the one with the successful business.

@ChancesMom wrote:

Where is her new home? I have been trying to see it.

The information is available to the public.  It's owned by TCR, LLC, PA, with the same address as Smarter Luxury LLC, PA.  Google Vintage Thoroughbred Farm, PA.

Trusted Contributor

People who criticize Lisa's success in this business most of it is jealousy..everything Lisa has ever touched has turned to Gold. At the Q she was fashionista doing locations in Italy, Beverly Hills and New York fashion week. Now as an entrepreneur she took her capital and her connections and launched a business that was clearly needed by the public. It's really allowing her customers to be affluent or feel affluent. The cruise was the biggest phenom almost 200 took part in it and her latest cruise is nearly sold out. What Lisa has done in three years is nothing short of astonishing.
Trusted Contributor

I just looked at the photos of her new home.  It is gorgeous.  If she paid $1.9M for it, she made a great deal.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I've never heard of her business....except that she sells jewelry on FB.

Mostly sells on her website for her business, but FB is part of her business as well.  I admire any woman who works hard and does well on their own.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
QVC Customer Care

**Closed for commenting**