Trusted Contributor

Re: LR and David Markstein in Italy

I’m pretty sure sexiness is subjective, folks.  I imagine that most of you feel your husbands are sexy and others would disagree.  Relax, it’s just an opinion.

Regular Contributor

I decided to watch the video of Lisa and David "walking" to the Fair.  It appeared to be many streets and alley ways not becoming of a TV star (not being mean here).   The hotel was not even close ... I kept waiting for them to arrive after every block, but more back street scenery.

QVC would have at least rented a car or limo to arrive.  It just seemed so 'back alley' to me for a person of her calibre ... even David.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I decided to watch the video of Lisa and David "walking" to the Fair.  It appeared to be many streets and alley ways not becoming of a TV star (not being mean here).   The hotel was not even close ... I kept waiting for them to arrive after every block, but more back street scenery.

QVC would have at least rented a car or limo to arrive.  It just seemed so 'back alley' to me for a person of her calibre ... even David.

Were they in Venice?  If so, I can tell you from being there several times that you don't do cars in Venice.  The entire city has very narrow streets and is like a maze.  Everyone just walks everywhere.

Regular Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Were they in Venice?  If so, I can tell you from being there several times that you don't do cars in Venice.  The entire city has very narrow streets and is like a maze.  Everyone just walks everywhere.

In Vicenza (she used to go there on her "fresh from the fair" trip while working at QVC) .... it appeared a lot of cars were 'passing her' in the alley.  I know europeans would rather walk.  @TenderMercies

Regular Contributor

I don't understand if they both left their former employer on their own terms, why is it necessary to keep bringing up QVC?  After all they both spent most of their adult life at QVC and did well.   If it was truly Lisa and David's decision to leave why bother with petty comments about your former employer? After all, it was a pretty nice ride for both of them for quite some time. Seems like they both have issues with a company that simply decided that they both were no longer a good fit which makes me think that neither one of them really had a choice in their departures.  They sound like disgruntled former employees rather than adventurous business people.  I am still wondering why Leslie Blogett is no longer Lisa's very close bestie or why Kym the woman who went across the globe on all of those vacations with Lisa have both vanished in thin air.  Are Lisa's relationships that conditional that if you aren't drinking the koolaide that she has "invented and selling from her couch" that your are not in her inner circle any longer?  Just wondering....

Respected Contributor

Ashland, you sound very naive. Haven't you noticed that QVC has cut way back on jewelry & jewelry shows? QVC has also gotten rid of key subject matter experts, David M. for one but others. Why, becauce QVC is not focusing on jewerly as much. Why keep these people if they are not going to be needed? Disgruntled? Maybe Lisa. She knew this was coming and so she focused on GILI with hopes of transitioning to be "The GILI Girl" now known as Jill Martin.

Life isn't so simple.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Ashland, you sound very naive. Haven't you noticed that QVC has cut way back on jewelry & jewelry shows? QVC has also gotten rid of key subject matter experts, David M. for one but others. Why, becauce QVC is not focusing on jewerly as much. Why keep these people if they are not going to be needed? Disgruntled? Maybe Lisa. She knew this was coming and so she focused on GILI with hopes of transitioning to be "The GILI Girl" now known as Jill Martin.

Life isn't so simple.

They may have cut way back on jewelry but yet they hired Jeff Mosely as some kind of expert, Erin Mosely as a diamonique expert/vendor and Michele Lau as a gem expert.  Why not just keep David?     

Respected Contributor

LipstickDiva, of course I don't have any idea, speculation at best. These people you mentioned are younger and not as experienced as Dave M. or the others that left. Also, Dave M., is very experienced in gold and gold is NOT what QVC spends much time selling anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Life isn't so simple.

They may have cut way back on jewelry but yet they hired Jeff Mosely as some kind of expert, Erin Mosely as a diamonique expert/vendor and Michele Lau as a gem expert.  Why not just keep David?     

Or Peyton for that matter.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I don't understand if they both left their former employer on their own terms, why is it necessary to keep bringing up QVC?  After all they both spent most of their adult life at QVC and did well.   If it was truly Lisa and David's decision to leave why bother with petty comments about your former employer? After all, it was a pretty nice ride for both of them for quite some time. Seems like they both have issues with a company that simply decided that they both were no longer a good fit which makes me think that neither one of them really had a choice in their departures.  They sound like disgruntled former employees rather than adventurous business people.  I am still wondering why Leslie Blogett is no longer Lisa's very close bestie or why Kym the woman who went across the globe on all of those vacations with Lisa have both vanished in thin air.  Are Lisa's relationships that conditional that if you aren't drinking the koolaide that she has "invented and selling from her couch" that your are not in her inner circle any longer?  Just wondering....

I agree.  Bashing a former employer publicly and so often is not a good look.  It's childish, and really - What good could possibly come from doing that?

I think LR has a complete lack of self-awareness.  Always has, always will.