Super Contributor

Re: LR and David Markstein in Italy

She seems to be building her business because of the connections she made from QVC and going to Italy. She has employed former Q personnel as well. She usually refers to the Q  as "her former employer".  But she has nothing good to say about her last years at the Q .  Time will tell if she can make it. 

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

Lisa is showing her genius. and work ethic.  While she is on the move live she is doing something never done before with her style, good taste and it's ground breaking.   Offering and   getting product that is not available to the public yet, showing it in real time,  make  it in every size, color, shape imaginable and you can buy it right now.  She speaks with such ease, intelligence and grace its always fun to shop with her.  

I see someone in a time warp from the outdated nails, the hair (sometimes you get the good hair), the leather all screams desperate to me.  She is an attractive lady but not someone I would look to for up-to-date fashion advice (ponchos!).  If she would stop with the photoshopping and just be herself, to me, it would be more genuine. As far as her work ethic, I also see someone who takes a lot of trips on her customers dime.  I worked for retail buyers who attended market maybe once or twice a year and never ever did sightseeing tours like that on the companies money. I know she's her own boss and can do what she wants but I don't see a lot of "work" being done.  Just my personal observation of what I've seen on her FB and certainly nothing "ground breaking" in her jewelry selections.

Respected Contributor

Cause we all want "treasures" from Italy with Lisa's intials on it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

wrote:

So far not impressed with her selections from the show. The bead bracelets are old news.  How many variations can one own? And I’m not feeling all the fringe stuff (which she has offered variations of in the past).  Where is all the new, unique and special she has been talking about?

@Sheilaray, I would have no qualms about buying from LR if I found something I liked.  I've not looked at her site to see what she's offered but last night I was on FB and the bead bracelets came across my feed.  Besides the fact that they have been done, alot, those were awful.  Had they been plain they would have been prettier.

@Bri36, one of the watches she was offering was pretty but I don't want LR on my watch.  Another piece of jewelry had her initials on it too and I just shook my head.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since she has David Markstein working with her now I checked out her website to see if his Italian connections have brought in anything I'd like.  Sadly, the items I would have been interested in are covered in crystals.  I stay away from so much on QVC because of their diamonique craze on everything.  Is this really what they are touting in Italy??  I did like some of the jewelry designs she's offering.  I like the edgier designs that QVC is so afraid of offering here.  But those crystals have got to go.

I also noticed Lisa is selling some sort of facial serum, under her own name.  She does skin care products as well?  Hmmmm. 

Regular Contributor

Guilty.  I had to check out her page .... enjoyed the night-time trip through the shopping area, and the water taxi ride thru the canals.... that is the only time I will see Italy in a sense.   

Her jewelry with the crystals, not so much, crystals fall out in my experience.   I would also be afraid of an ill fit on bracelets, and noticed anything returned on her website is on my dime.  Others please enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

About those initials on her watch, on ANY of the watches she has offered......look at ANY piece of jewelry close up and you will find her initials and her logo on it if there is a place to fit them, usually on the clasp somewhere. At least that is so on bracelets and necklaces, not sure about rings because generally on the photos you don't see much of the underside.

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I looked at the facial serum as I was curious to what would make her serum special. After reading the ingredients I thought wow this sounds so familiar. It's almost an identical copy of Dr. Denese's Anti aging Lipid Oil Infusion. There are 1 or 2 difference in ingredients but I was very surprised that she would have this made. She's good friends with Denese, I wonder if she helped her with this or if she's even aware of it? Even the bottle looks the same.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper I looked at the facial serum as I was curious to what would make her serum special. After reading the ingredients I thought wow this sounds so familiar. It's almost an identical copy of Dr. Denese's Anti aging Lipid Oil Infusion. There are 1 or 2 difference in ingredients but I was very surprised that she would have this made. She's good friends with Denese, I wonder if she helped her with this or if she's even aware of it? Even the bottle looks the same.

Dr. Denese might be manufacturing it for her and putting LR's label on it.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO if you noticed she'll never say QVC, she has been saying my former place of employment. Wonder why you would promote her business on a QVC forum she doesn't acknowledge. Let's face it if wasn't for QVC we wouldn't know her.