Valued Contributor

Re: LR and David Markstein in Italy

wrote:

We'll never, ever see a Reviews section there.  Only positive gushing allowed.

I agree.  If LR were interested in being legit, they would have been allowed long ago.

Another observation:  Recently there were 9 items put up at the same time.  None of them sold out as of this morning and none were labelled as Advance Order.  When a new item went up today, suddenly the previous 9 were all labeled "Sold Out" all at the same time.

Does LR want customers to believe that merchandise is still popular and moving thus the Sold Out signs or do you think they all really sold out at once after being up for 24 hours?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

We'll never, ever see a Reviews section there.  Only positive gushing allowed.

I agree.  If LR were interested in being legit, they would have been allowed long ago.

Another observation:  Recently there were 9 items put up at the same time.  None of them sold out as of this morning and none were labelled as Advance Order.  When a new item went up today, suddenly the previous 9 were all labeled "Sold Out" all at the same time.

Does LR want customers to believe that merchandise is still popular and moving thus the Sold Out signs or do you think they all really sold out at once after being up for 24 hours?

@Sheilaray, that's one of LR's newer tricks. Some customers expressed they were turned off by lots of Advanced Orders so now for such items she no longer uses "advanced order lingo". Lisa will put certain items up for sale however those items are not actually ready to ship from her warehouse. Lisa takes orders, collects your money and THEN places HER ORDER for the item from the vendor SHE ORDERS FROM. Lisa receives all her orders and THEN the item will ship to the customer. If you want a hint as to when this slick maneuver is done... in the description if it states "Expedited Shipping is not available on this item, please allow a few extra days for shipping". THAT is a dead give away but she banks on most people not paying any attention to the details of it all. Most will assume, no big deal and just wait dutifully by until they receive their item. LR is all about smoke 'n mirrors. After 24 hrs. the bold RED sold out signs appear making it all an illusion her items sell out quickly. Lisa just doesn't take any more orders after that because she now must place her order for said items. This practice happens mainly on her home decor items. 

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@BalletBabe- I enjoy reading the Q Talk.

@San Antonio Gal   That is good , then you should read it.   I used to enjoy it but not these LR posts.  Getting old and Boring.   If there is something that interests me , I will read it.   I am gradually fading away from Q.   I feel too many on here can say whatever, but others get banned and don't even know why or  what they said that was wrong.   I am not in Kindergarden anymore.  I just paid off my last easy pay from holiday shopping and it is a relief.  I am not saying I won't ever buy anything but I am just not seeing much and with shipping so high, to me it is not worth it.  

I have more fun on the travel thread.  I only travel to my mailbox and back but seriously there is a great bunch of posters there. I also enjoy the among friends and community chat. 

Respected Contributor

BalletBabe, I love your comment about only traveling these days "to the mailbox." I'm in the same boat, but, like you, I do enjoy the travel forum. No snide remarks, ever!