Respected Contributor

Re: LOri Grenier---it's a stretch

"Very smart woman. Managed to get wealthy through other people's talent and hard work."

Actually, Grenier has a FINANCIAL stake in the products she brings to the market. Many would never be seen except for her investment. Hard work and talent get many people absolutely nothing.

She also knows what will sell and won't, an important skill. Don't sell her short and I suspect she works very hard. If she were a man, probly no questions of her "hard work."

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

Very smart woman. Managed to get wealthy through other  people's talent and hard work.

Just like Joy Mangano. Dueling patent mavens.

@Moonchilde- can't stand either mavens

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

Very smart woman. Managed to get wealthy through other  people's talent and hard work.

Just like Joy Mangano. Dueling patent mavens.

@Moonchilde- can't stand either mavens

Me either, @Stray, but Lori isn't as insane-making for me as Joy. Joy just makes me reach for the Mute instantly. At least I can tolerate Lori's voice.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Occasional Contributor

I agree with you ...I can not watch her anymore..With the long fake hair and eighties clothes...it is all too much. Maybe she could invest in a new stylist? I know a few people will disagree with me and I am OK with that. thank you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Since I don't watch too much anymore, I'm not totally clear on how it went down - whether it was she pushing that she invented all these things, or it was the show host who was pushing it, but that was definitely the hook back when I watched more.

That is actually one reason I didn't like her so much, because I came to know that she didn't invent any of that stuff.

Honored Contributor

I have been saying this about Ms. Grenier for years!  It especially hit home after see her hawk a bread keeper (that was supposed to suck the air out of the holder to leave the bakery goods in a vacuum)  HOWEVER.... I bought that thing when Lock n Lock was selling it years ago!  Problem was that it created its own little environment where after a few months it turned the bakery goods sour in about 24 - 48 hours!  Too late to send back and L n L and QVC stopped selling it fast.  Then months later lo and behold it was being sold by Lori....

Yes, she buys patents and there's nothing illegal about it however I resent being told that she "invents" what she sells and that's what she and QVC have done in promoting her.  

I was just listening to her regarding the spoons and she just said on air that she really did invent those utensils....  really?  Maybe you did, but after all the years of saying you have invented this or that and we now know (through Shark Tank, etc.) how you really do most of this, I don't feel the same way towards Ms. Grenier and her products as I did say 20 years ago....  Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

I'm all for power to women but the products Lori is selling are products I don't have use for or need. It's just more stuff lying around my house collecting dust! Enough already thinking consumers need more clutter filling goods around the house that don't work after 3 uses. Give me products that we need and that actually work the first time and are made in the USA!! What is up with QVC selling all this stuff???

Respected Contributor

That waist twist thing I have seen in commercials.

It was around since the 1960's.  Nothing unique there!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Not a fan. It starts with the phony pronouncing of her name--"greiner" is pronounced "GRY-ner." If she fakes that, what else is she hyping? I look for honesty. I imagine some of the products are ok, but the above is why I fear she might be more hype than quality. 

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

Lori Grenier buys inventors' patents.  She doesn't create and submit them herself, she buys from the inventor/s.

How many patents are really things she invented, I don't know.  I know one of her first questions on shark tank is always, do you have a patent?

On QVC, they make it sound like she made the product and has a patent on it, that is usually not the case.  That's ok that she has the patent, but they should indicate she purchased the rights to the patent, not invented and went through the process of obtaining a patent on the product.

My DH has what I call authentic patents, her use of the word does indeed cheapen the entire process and meaning.

She has her own patents on many items.  When she brings someone to the Q she states it is patented.  I don't think she intentionally would try to take credit for another person's invention.  She really does not need to do that.

Years and years ago QVC and Lori stated that she was the inventor and had hundreds of patents for the things she sold.  Knowing how difficult that is, and how many ideas she had and what was involved in taking idea and going forward with it to fruition and sales, I was impressed.

At that time she (nor the hosts) ever stated that she buys patents.... it's only been relatively recently (by that it could be 10 years or so) that the patent purchasing has come to the surface.

I guess at the time they all felt it would be far more impressive if she was promoted as the inventor.  But I remember specifically that she was called the inventor of the items she hawked for quite some time.  Now they are far more careful in their verbage.  And they should be.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*