Valued Contributor

LOri Grenier---it's a stretch

Oh Please, these are not all "inventions", I just do not like this stuff being peddeled as an invention, that truly dilutes the word and it's meaning. Those cooking ladles are in Whole Foods at the soup bar, it is nothing new. A new mix in the pillow stuffing, again..hardly an invention. She is certainly from a Shark Tank, thats for sure.

Respected Contributor

Re: LOri Grenier---it's a stretch

Did she claims she invented it?  I believe she said she has a patent on it. 

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

she did not invent it, a chiropractor did

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

she did not invent it, a chiropractor did

Yes, I know that.  I was referring to the ladle the OP was talking about.

Trusted Contributor

Very smart woman. Managed to get wealthy through other  people's talent and hard work.

Trusted Contributor

Lori Grenier buys inventors' patents.  She doesn't create and submit them herself, she buys from the inventor/s.

How many patents are really things she invented, I don't know.  I know one of her first questions on shark tank is always, do you have a patent?

On QVC, they make it sound like she made the product and has a patent on it, that is usually not the case.  That's ok that she has the patent, but they should indicate she purchased the rights to the patent, not invented and went through the process of obtaining a patent on the product.

My DH has what I call authentic patents, her use of the word does indeed cheapen the entire process and meaning.

Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

Very smart woman. Managed to get wealthy through other  people's talent and hard work.

Just like Joy Mangano. Dueling patent mavens.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I thought this thread was going to be about that back gizmo they had yesterday when I saw the word 'stretch' in the title....LOL

Esteemed Contributor

it should be

Clever & Unique Creations bought by Lori Greiner 

instead of "by"

Respected Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

Lori Grenier buys inventors' patents.  She doesn't create and submit them herself, she buys from the inventor/s.

How many patents are really things she invented, I don't know.  I know one of her first questions on shark tank is always, do you have a patent?

On QVC, they make it sound like she made the product and has a patent on it, that is usually not the case.  That's ok that she has the patent, but they should indicate she purchased the rights to the patent, not invented and went through the process of obtaining a patent on the product.

My DH has what I call authentic patents, her use of the word does indeed cheapen the entire process and meaning.

She has her own patents on many items.  When she brings someone to the Q she states it is patented.  I don't think she intentionally would try to take credit for another person's invention.  She really does not need to do that.