Reply
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎02-10-2013

Is anyone else upset that Lori is not making more of the purple and pink crystal pensMan SadMan SadMan Sad

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,148
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: LORI GRIENER'S Crystal pens

I bought those pens, and they won't stay open for me.  Each time I try to write with them they close while I'm writing.  I don't even use them.  I think they're very pretty but useless.  I don't see how Lori was able to write with one last year on Shark Tank.

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.--Colette





Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 65
Registered: ‎08-15-2012

Re: LORI GRIENER'S Crystal pens

her stuff is very cheaply made i dont buy any of it

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 489
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: LORI GRIENER'S Crystal pens

I would NOT call these pens 'cheaply made'.  They are beautiful and made very well.  

 

I have not had a problem with them closing as I use them.  I purchased two sets and use them a lot.  So far, I'm very happy with them.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,148
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: LORI GRIENER'S Crystal pens


@NanaLinda wrote:

I would NOT call these pens 'cheaply made'.  They are beautiful and made very well.  

 

I have not had a problem with them closing as I use them.  I purchased two sets and use them a lot.  So far, I'm very happy with them.  


 

I must have gotten a couple of pens that were duds then.  I should have returned them, because I really can't write with them.

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.--Colette





Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,144
Registered: ‎05-16-2015

Re: LORI GRIENER'S Crystal pens

 

 

 

 

I ordered and received the black and white set and was disappointed there were no  more colors from which to select.

I thought they were nice until my husband told me they were many at The Dollar Store!  So we went, and they had a large selection of colors. Also, you could get ones that are also pens, and even, better, some are laser lights on the end. Great for pointing at things in need. Also, Lori's were a tad heavy in my hand because they are long. The ones I got at  The Dollar Store are much shorter, which I like very much , and are much lighter. So I assumed The Dollar Store would sell out perhaps closer to Christmas with gifts of Androids, etc., so I loaded up and got pens, lights, slick ones, ones with finger pads, etc. and still spent less that what I regretfully

paid for the two from Lori. What a rip off to get longer ones with glitter in the center! ( And paid shipping!)Tsk, tsk !! 

 

I'll check her prices locally again before ever purchasing from her.

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Re: LORI GRIENER'S Crystal pens

I bought the pens last year and the white one broke and I couldnt find a ink refill .

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,467
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: LORI GRIENER'S Crystal pens

I have rarely bought her products.  For one, I felt scammed when I realized that she buys her patents but lets us think that she has invented her items.  She is even introduced as an inventor.  I purchased an item that was a Lock n Lock pastry/bread box that had a vacuum in it years andyears ago.  This item was awful because after six months it became a little eco-system of its own causing my breads to go moldy in 3 days flat (and smell), nothing could be done to rectify that.  I used it precisely as directed.  It was long after the 30 day money back guarantee so I had to toss it.

 

A couple of years later, lo and behold Grenier comes out with the SAME PRODUCT! Every single thing was exactly the same except LnL's name was not on the lid. I knew exactly what she was doing at that point.  Needless to say, the product did not last (I followed it, horrible reviews).....

 

Ok, she buys patents and then turns around and sells the item.  Nothing wrong with that. But to tell people (and Q supports this) that she has INVENTED the item and that the patents are hers (technically sure, buys the patents and they are now hers....)  It's the fudging of the truth that has soured me on Ms. Grenier.  JMHO 

 

 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,144
Registered: ‎05-16-2015

Re: LORI GRIENER'S Crystal pens


@Q4U wrote:

I have rarely bought her products.  For one, I felt scammed when I realized that she buys her patents but lets us think that she has invented her items.  She is even introduced as an inventor.  I purchased an item that was a Lock n Lock pastry/bread box that had a vacuum in it years andyears ago.  This item was awful because after six months it became a little eco-system of its own causing my breads to go moldy in 3 days flat (and smell), nothing could be done to rectify that.  I used it precisely as directed.  It was long after the 30 day money back guarantee so I had to toss it.

 

A couple of years later, lo and behold Grenier comes out with the SAME PRODUCT! Every single thing was exactly the same except LnL's name was not on the lid. I knew exactly what she was doing at that point.  Needless to say, the product did not last (I followed it, horrible reviews).....

 

Ok, she buys patents and then turns around and sells the item.  Nothing wrong with that. But to tell people (and Q supports this) that she has INVENTED the item and that the patents are hers (technically sure, buys the patents and they are now hers....)  It's the fudging of the truth that has soured me on Ms. Grenier.  JMHO 

 

 


 

 

 

 

I'm not sure I get your point on this patent thing. You have to buy a patent and acquire it through a patent attorney and make it legal and binding. Did you think you get them for free? And from whom?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,467
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: LORI GRIENER'S Crystal pens


@keithsmom65 wrote:

@Q4U wrote:

I have rarely bought her products.  For one, I felt scammed when I realized that she buys her patents but lets us think that she has invented her items.  She is even introduced as an inventor.  I purchased an item that was a Lock n Lock pastry/bread box that had a vacuum in it years andyears ago.  This item was awful because after six months it became a little eco-system of its own causing my breads to go moldy in 3 days flat (and smell), nothing could be done to rectify that.  I used it precisely as directed.  It was long after the 30 day money back guarantee so I had to toss it.

 

A couple of years later, lo and behold Grenier comes out with the SAME PRODUCT! Every single thing was exactly the same except LnL's name was not on the lid. I knew exactly what she was doing at that point.  Needless to say, the product did not last (I followed it, horrible reviews).....

 

Ok, she buys patents and then turns around and sells the item.  Nothing wrong with that. But to tell people (and Q supports this) that she has INVENTED the item and that the patents are hers (technically sure, buys the patents and they are now hers....)  It's the fudging of the truth that has soured me on Ms. Grenier.  JMHO 

  

 

 

 

I'm not sure I get your point on this patent thing. You have to buy a patent and acquire it through a patent attorney and make it legal and binding. Did you think you get them for free? And from whom?

 

 


The point is this..... INVENTORS sit down and design an item from start to finish.  It is their brainchild.  AFTER THAT OCCURS, the inventor goes to the patent office and makes it legal and binding and pays the appropriate fees.

 

Ms. Grenier is constantly being referred to as "the inventor" of such and such.  No, she is not the inventor.  Someone else invented it and SHE merely paid the inventor (or the company that acquired the patents from the inventor) for the patent.  

 

Buying a patent is easy and obviously can be done all the time if you have the money and the desire to do so..... and then the new owner of the patent can then bring the item to market.  But buying a patent that's already an idea that has been invented and patented by someone else and actually being the inventor are two separate things!

 

This is far and away from being the person that actually thought up the design and put it on paper initially and filed for the Patents.   Ms. Grenier is NOT the inventor of said items and I would be shocked to find out that she actually has invented something.  But she is a great proliferator of patents!

 

 

 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*