Esteemed Contributor

Re: LIKE VENDORS NOT WITH HOSTS

I found the phone calls and split screens annoying --- yes, even more annoying that vendors on stage and all the confusion that causes sometimes.   I haven't watched any of the QVC networks in weeks.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss the vendors, but definitely do not miss the "social media person" at all.  They could also do away with the co-host, IMHO.

Trusted Contributor

I think this format that was forced upon QVC will affect how they do business going forward when all this is over.  They are trying to go after the younger demographic that is very comfortable with remote technology.  It will depend on a profit/expense analysis of course.  

Esteemed Contributor

The audio sound is terrible when vendor speaks.  Some you can understand....half you can't.  I think the whole set-up stinks and is  unnecessary. 

Host go to grocery store but can't stand apart from vendor?  Silly

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I have watched very little -  probably under 10 minutes a day in the last week or two or three.  It's mostly because I know I'm not buying right now, but even in those few minutes, I don't like the new format at all.  I applaud that they're doing it, but, if it's permanent, I'm pretty much out.  

wondering if any of this is impacting sales or how they do business going forward?

to me.  do they need 3 channels?  etc

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When the hosts go solo without a vendor, some of them FINALLY are forced to learn about the actual products rather than fill time with stories about themselves and/or their families, or instead of goofing around and acting silly and show how little knowledge they have about the products for sale ....... ....  You can really tell who the "pro" hosts are that can do their job without the prop of a vendor and do it well....and dont make it boring and still manage to add a bit of interest and fun....Leah and Carolyn are good examples....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

ITA with others regarding the audio sound and how the screen with skype is always freezing up!  Even the phone calls are horrible.  Everyone is using the internet and cell phones at the same time now, too much overusage.    I do like just having the host being on air, too many distractions before, I hope they keep it this way.  And yes, the Facebook nonsense during the shows have always been an annoyance, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I miss the vendors, but definitely do not miss the "social media person" at all.  They could also do away with the co-host, IMHO.

I agree @Krimpette .  One host and one vendor works.  When you have the co-host and the social media person, it then becomes a talk show.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

When the hosts go solo without a vendor, some of them FINALLY are forced to learn about the actual products rather than fill time with stories about themselves and/or their families, or instead of goofing around and acting silly and know little about the products for sale ....... ....  You can really tell who the "pro" hosts are that can do their job without the prop of a vendor and do it well....and dont make it boring and still manage to add a bit of interest and fun....Leah and Carolyn are good examples....

@Spurt  I was going to say the same thing.  It's so obvious (it was always obvious to me) which hosts do their homework, and which hosts have relied on image appeal to sell products.  

I think most of the hosts are doing a great job without the vendors.  But there remain a couple of hosts that are still barely able to do anything but pose, smile, and repeat the easy pay offer or the price going away at the end of the day spiel.  There's fear in their eyes when the audio or Skype connection doesn't work exactly the way it should.  

I very much miss some of the vendors, but others not at all.  

I totally agree that shows with two hosts, or even the social media host, is absolutely unnecessary. That competition for -- camera close-ups, who can make the cutest statements, and who looks the best in the XXS size of the TSV -- has nothing to do with what the viewer needs to make an informed purchase. 

Honored Contributor

I hardly ever watch QVC but did recently watch a Lug show where Ami Richter was on Skype. I would much rather have had her in the studio demonstrating the bags than just on the phone talking about them.

She demonstrates the features of the bags much better than whoever was hosting the show who IMO did a terrible job showing the features of the bag.