Esteemed Contributor

Re: LIKE VENDORS NOT WITH HOSTS

@DottieD wrote:
There was one testimonial call yesterday during the Beekman presentation where the caller went on and on and on. If I were Leah, I would have "accidentally" hung up on the caller followed by an innocent "oops".

@DottieD 

That is where HSN has a leg up on QVC. They will just cut the testimonial caller off. The person takes a breath, and they are like Thank you so much for calling, click.

I don't understand why QVC just let's people go and on. 

Contributor

I agree - especially when it's someone who keeps interrupting the "essential" information that each host / hostess has to give (like the colors!). One vendor we all know is extremely irritating that way. (so I refuse to watch her)

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@DottieD wrote:
There was one testimonial call yesterday during the Beekman presentation where the caller went on and on and on. If I were Leah, I would have "accidentally" hung up on the caller followed by an innocent "oops".

@DottieD 

That is where HSN has a leg up on QVC. They will just cut the testimonial caller off. The person takes a breath, and they are like Thank you so much for calling, click.

I don't understand why QVC just let's people go and on. 

@icezeus  and @DottieD  - I've always wondered why someone would go on and on talking knowing they're on national tv.  It's like they have no clue they're on tv.  I agree with you all that they should be cut off.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Most of the hosts are doing a good job alone. All that friendly nonsense. Kissing the vendors and chatting trying to be funny or clever is painful to watch. This way, the product and customer are the focus. As it should be.