Respected Contributor

Re: LIKE VENDORS NOT WITH HOSTS

When I became addicted to QVC back in the early 90s (I say that with pride), there weren't as many vendors. I LOVED IT. 

The presentations did not drag on and on. The hosts were professional, and explained everything beautifully. I bought a lot.

We simply don't need a super lot of vendors!

Honored Contributor

When I think about shows like Dare To Share w/ SK, there's Antonella, women on the sofa who are just talking, modeling and then add many vendors joking around, doing demos at the sink...It's just all so over the top. Yes, yes, yes, I change the channel, but have seen enough snippets to know it's more like a 13 year old's slumber party (in fact in pjs for awhile) than a more mature show on a shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Instead of selling products, the MAIN focus seems to be "lets have fun at work"............ I dont want robots, but some of these shows just go too far.....and all the questions that are asked about the product on the website shows just how the presentation FAILED and details that weren't covered that were important to make that sale! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus 

Instead of selling products, the MAIN focus seems to be "lets have fun at work"............ I dont want robots, but some of these shows just go too far.....and all the questions that are asked about the product on the website shows just how the presentation FAILED and details that weren't covered that were important to make that sale! 

@Spurt ...not to also mention unnecessary FB questions, caller participation and suggestions for each fashion item what to wear it with or where we can wear it to. I've been dressing myself for 6 1/2 decades. I'll figure it out. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus 

@Spurt ...not to also mention unnecessary FB questions, caller participation and suggestions for each fashion item what to wear it with or where we can wear it to. I've been dressing myself for 6 1/2 decades. I'll figure it out. 

@Shanus 

And I HATE those "fantasy stories"....
"our model (Jessie) looks stunning, as she walks into a cafe in Paris, she's caught the eye of an attractive guy that invites her to his table for a drink".........🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   Lol. Oh pa-leeeese, spare me!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

And those testimonial calls are so outdated....It's usually a Q "fan club" member thats been watching for 30 years....and are about as objective as the man in the moon.....🙄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

That's a sample of the type of "fantasy stories" and type of "fun" on Fashion Night In with Isaac and Shawn..... And you probably thought those stories about "lunching in the Hamptons" was bad enough back in the day Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

That's a sample of the "fantasy stories" and type of "fun" on Fashion Night In with Isaac and Shawn....thats what they do..... And you probably thought those stories about lunching in the Hamptons was bad back in the day Woman LOL

@Spurt  Save us all, but no one's lunching in the Hampton's now, so much of that silly talk will cease. On the subject of call-ins, if you've ever listened, many are little old lonely ladies that just want to talk, Bless their hearts, as we Southerners say. 

Regular Contributor

There was one testimonial call yesterday during the Beekman presentation where the caller went on and on and on. If I were Leah, I would have "accidentally" hung up on the caller followed by an innocent "oops".