Contributor

Re: LET DO A POLL HERE! 30.74%APR on QVC statement! WHAT THE HECK!!!?? INSANE!!

BOOM!!! Same boat!!!!  I too have not been buying much from them either maybe two things for christmas for my mom....that was it!  

I was getting in a better habit too (prior to not buying as often but when I was ....I would hop online and switch my payment method to a credit union card with much lower interest rates. So when I saw this 30.74% I flipped and still shaking my head!  

Yep, like you this has moved to the top of my list (along with Discover!) If ever one day the plan for me is to keep 2 maybe 3 ccs --  and if possible only have  "credit union" cards. My credit union credit card from my prev' govt job has "never ever" changed the interest rates not once believe it or not!!! Its still at 12%!!!!! 

30.74% is unnaceptable! 

Honored Contributor

i have a QCARD and have had one for a long time now.

the interest rate doesnt bother me and i have other store branded cards that are in the same general range. i pay them off each month so that i dont pay the crazy rates. synchrony and comenity are two of the major banks issuing store branded credit cards.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@LLYinNY wrote:

You can borrow money cheaper from the Mafia. Lol.

haha.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I had not noticed but I do not carry a balance.  Once my easy pays are done I'm going to stop using anyway.  Been cutting way back and tired of having easy pays every month.  That is ridiculous.

Contributor

See and you have excellent credit. This really is terrible!!! My eyes will be open alot more then they already were in the coming months ....   :-( 

Contributor

Thanks...thats exactly whats going thru my mind tonight....May see about my credit union card and switch over or transfer if possible.  I love my credit union I have from my prev govt job.  Their interest rate never has changed in all the years I've been with them back since 84'.  Still at 12%!!!!!   

Contributor

LOL!!!!  

Contributor

Thats going to be my goal to work on....get the balance down enough to where I then pay off each month.  Well...actually Im just not ordering or havent ordered much from the Q as I used to.  Prices so rediculous I can get better quality at Macys or elsewhere it seems ...well with good sales but even new arrivals just almost same prices the Q is selling for anymore these days.  

Am being much more mindful then previous years but now that I see this APR will be alot more mindful haha. 

Contributor

Amen to that! Me too me too!!! 

I have 3 christmas tops actually and things will be changing after the easy pays in fact I think I'l go online tomorrow and switch / edit the payment method again to my credit union cc  and pay those off.  Thats a start. 

But im finding better deals these days at other stores...the obvious of course (kohls etc) but even macys and some other higher end places (especially sales).  I cant believe a regular shirt anymore is in the $60-$78 range.  Call me old school but thats not happening unless its absolutely beautiful show stopper! lol

Valued Contributor

You do know that if you pay the billed amount you pay no interest. I use easy pay on everything and pay no interest ever. Do not pay minimum due.