Esteemed Contributor

Re: LET DO A POLL HERE! 30.74%APR on QVC statement! WHAT THE HECK!!!?? INSANE!!

I use easy pay until I'm sure I'm keeping all the items ordered. I don't want my money tied up and wait for a refund.  Once I'm satisfied I go into manage easy pay and consolidate to my Q Card and when the bill comes, pay off in full. I rarely buy if I can't pay off.  Never paid a nickle in interest.

A few times I have used it on a larger ticket item. Pay the balance due on the bill each month, on time, never paid interest.  

If you manage easy pay you can make it work for you.  This is the sleaziest bank around and I watch like a hawk to make sure my payments post very timely.  

My interest is 29.9 which is crazy.  Synchrony is charted in Delaware which is historically business friendly with interest rates. 

Super Contributor

I have a QCard, too, and I just checked, and my interest rate is also 30.74%. 

I have an 800+ credit score, so I am guessing everyone has this rate. 

I do not carry a balance, so it really does not effect me, but that is truly outrageous.

Super Contributor

Kudos to all who pay what they owe each month and never pay interest. For many others, it is time to take a hard look at "wants" vs. "needs" and realize that an inability to see the difference, when unable to pay for the "wants," is a kind of self-abuse that is, ultimately and sadly, very common in this country. I don't mean to preach, but interest rates circa 30% should be a wake-up call to take a very hard look at one's buying behavior and, when necessary and possible, to delay gratification. It is SO worth it in the end,

Trusted Contributor

It can be so easy to get into the minimum payment vicious cycle.  Good luck to those working their way out of it.  We were there at a rough time, and it took a while to dig our way out.

I don't have a Qcard anymore, and rarely shop here...for the usual reaons mentioned by many.

Honored Contributor

No wonder people get into so much trouble here. 

Honored Contributor

It's inflation. Card rates are sky high all over.  It's what happens when the PTB start passing out "free" money and eventually somebody has to cover that cost.

Guess who?  Look at your cc bills and check grocery prices.  Fuel will go sky high to probably.   It happens every time like clockwork. 

Honored Contributor

I do not have a QVC credit card.  I looked up the APR on the application just for information.

The interest rate is higher for newbies than 30.74.  Yikes!

31.24% is the rate.

9E644D8E-3323-48E0-87EE-597C643813B6.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

That is an outrageous APR.  Like many others, I pay my credit cards off in full every month.  So, I never pay interest.  But, reading this made me check my credit cards APR, and they were 17 - 18%.  I do not have a Q card (had one many years ago, but moved to a card that gave me reward points), and I have good credit.  Hope any of you who are paying that sort of interest find a way to pay it off in full as soon as possible.  Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why do all of you think they push their CC card so hard??   I would bet they have lost a lot.  I like others closed mine years ago.  Most have offers with cash back.  QVC's gives you nothing.  Get rid of your cards ladies.  

Honored Contributor